PDA

View Full Version : Map Issues...

ShadowTiger
09-05-2003, 11:48 AM
I.. have some of the strangest map issues.. I'm sure they make no sense at all, and can easily be solved, but it's just.. strange, and particularly out of the ordinary.

Remember the original Blade of Ages demo? That's what I'm referring to. (As well as a bit of shameless advertising. :rolleyes: ) The maps in the upper left corner of the screen often go all funky. i.e., they tend to defy the default map style that we set, and just use some other random tiles, specifically to the lower right of tiles page 0. (It probably just happens to me.) So I've set ALL the maps to specific, drawn maps at tiles page 240 or something, which has helped a bit, but all of my new maps are still defying the default map. .. why? :odd: Perhaps it's time I stop using maps altogether.. not that I had ever really started. :sweat:

Cloral
09-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Check the map in the misc tiles section and make sure its set to what you think its set to.

Freedom
09-05-2003, 03:22 PM
mine changes to blue, in the level 3 maps, yet stays set to the wood color on all the rest, I was wondering why it was doing that.

Anyone have any info on the "edit maps" function on the dmap edit window?

I was wondering how all that worked, looks like you can make seperate (custom) maps the big map and the small map, for each dmap.
I was wondering what the before and after meant, and if they still worked like the normal map after you incerted new custom maps.

DarkAvenger
09-05-2003, 03:50 PM
I believe you have to check the set the lvl 3 color fix rule in the rules page. The way you worded it BH4, it was confusing... o_O

CJC
09-05-2003, 05:51 PM
The before and after in the edit maps menu stands for before and after you get the dungeon map. As for you, BH4, I have no idea what's going wrong with your maps. I'll I know is that that's never happened to me (And hopefully never will! :D)

ShadowTiger
09-07-2003, 12:20 PM
OK... ... OK. ... OK, I think. I've got it. I set my standard map to use main Cset 7, which should make things work much better. Thanks everyone! ^_^

Now, does anyone have an idea how I can hide the player's position on the map without making it too obvious?

Cloral
09-07-2003, 05:16 PM
This is something I'd like to know too.

Freedom
09-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Now, does anyone have an idea how I can hide the player's position on the map without making it too obvious?

If you're using a custom map you could make the background the same color as the pointer.

I still can't get the initial data to give maps, any idea why?
I thought it was because the one I tried didn't have a level # but it still doesn't work even with one.

I know I'm setting it right, there's only one way to do it.