PDA

View Full Version : looking for new level color backgrounds

zeldafan28017
09-04-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm using the new quest 182 thing and I have the drawing skills of a 2 year old.

Can somebody make some different color backgrounds for me on the 182 quest.

Any help would be greatly appericated

Freedom
09-04-2003, 10:09 PM
what's a background?

Jigglysaint
09-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Unfortunatly I too suck at stuff like that, so I can't really help.

I usually use some of the pre-fabraicated tilesets and palletes, it really makes it easier to make quests, but sometimes you can't get exactly what you want.

Cloral
09-05-2003, 02:53 AM
Do you mean a new level color? If so, I can give a few tips:
Don't use bright colors. The look fake. Mute your colors by moving them towards gray. Try to bring a little variance into the colors. Generally you don't want a lot, but a little tends to make things look better (one of my levels has white walls that tend towards brown as they get darker - that sort of thing). If your tileset allows it, make the floor a different color from the walls. It really looks a lot better this way (look at LttP - in every level, the walls are colored differently from the floor).

Demimore
09-05-2003, 09:41 AM
A side note, don't EVER use bright colors! And DON'T use bright colors INSTEAD of dark and dark INSTEAD of bright. I have seen those tiles. And there is no word that can explain how much I hate them. THEY'RE HORRIBLE!! (Word not powerful enough).

zeldafan28017
09-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Is it possible for me to copy the level colors from the regular quest, then import them to the new182 quest?

Yoshiman
09-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I think you can just go to the Zelda1 tileset and export the pallette. It's under File->Export->Pallette (If my memory serves me correctly). I'm not sure what to do from there though, because I never imported a pallette or anything.

But be sure the colors don't turn out too bright. We hate colors like this. Don't try to make your dungeons this color. You'll go blind.

Ian
09-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
Yeah, I think you can just go to the Zelda1 tileset and export the pallette. It's under File->Export->Pallette (If my memory serves me correctly). I'm not sure what to do from there though, because I never imported a pallette or anything.

But be sure the colors don't turn out too bright. We hate colors like this. Don't try to make your dungeons this color. You'll go blind.

Yah, thanks now I'm blind :p

After you do what YM said, just go into your quest file and go to File>Import>Pallette and then open it. Though, if you do that, it will replace all your palletes, so only do this if you don't mind this.

CJC
09-05-2003, 06:05 PM
You don't have to be all exporty or that. If you want to copy screens or palette from another quest, just go into Zquest, open one file, copy the thing (With palettes, go into the level palette section, then select the ones you want and hit c) open the file you want to put it in, and paste it. It always works for me. That's how I stole the house palette from the Puretileset, and how I stole the dungeon rooms from 2nd quest (Which I eventually made my own through extreme alterations.) for dungeons 7-9. Note that this will not work with tiles. The only way to copy tiles from one quest to another is to export to a tileset and grab, or take a screenshot and then grab. (The first one is much easier, but not always useful.)

DarkAvenger
09-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Technically it's not stealing. No one owuld release those if they weren't meant to use, don't feel badd azz cuz you took them from another quest... Cuz it's not.