PDA

View Full Version : want to go boating? take your car!

Paradox
09-03-2003, 11:42 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030903/ap_on_hi_te/britain_amphibious_car_3

;o

gdorf
09-04-2003, 01:14 AM
I've seen the old ones, but this is really sporty! Its cool to see a modern day amphibian automobile! If only I had 235k to throw around like that :P

Ich
09-04-2003, 12:22 PM
That's so cool. You could put a compass on your dash, and then head out to sea for a night of passionate lovemaking alone. Even better than some remote place, you could go anywhere, provided the ocean is still enough. Don't forget the compass.

Pablo
09-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Took 'em long enough. I still want my amphibious Lotus Esprit, though. You hear that, Q Branch? :p

Dart Zaidyer
09-04-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm still waiting for a Harrier-type car. "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads".

Mitsukara
09-04-2003, 11:28 PM
That's awesome. It would be really cool if they could make something like that a bit more practically and cheaply - quick navigation across lakes and rivers, provided they're high enough (and it were legal, which it probably wouldn't be)...

I still want actual submarine capabilities, though, and enough reliable power/design to traverse the oceans successfully (and without running out of gas/electricity, either, because that would suck). But first they'll have to invent the magnetic echo-process electrical loop and find a proper way to store it using an elaborate combination of that plastic/ceramic stuff and uncontaminated, pure steel... but they'll get around to that soon enough, unless the communists try to travel back in time and sabotage that out of happening, of course. More likely they'd try to set it up so that they had the engine first, but that would be stupid because it would cause some sort of paradox, probably... of course, it's hypothetical that they even are going to obtain the ability to time travel, but even if they do, we all know the japanese are 12 steps ahead of them:rolleyes:

phattonez
09-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Cubans invented that, they did it with even less features. Just get a truck and propellor and get things that float. That's all that you need.

gameguy032
09-05-2003, 11:44 PM
The sad part is, that Cuban thing is true. But what they didn't accomplish is the ability to actually control it like I'm guessing the real things can do.
...couldn't you accomplish the same thing by making a very small replica of a car body and placing in on a boat instead? I mean, with some work added of course...

phattonez
09-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by gameguy032
The sad part is, that Cuban thing is true.

How is that sad?