PDA

View Full Version : Overheads? (Rain, Snow, Etc.)

Dark Lord
09-03-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm working with Pure v2 and I am wondering how to insert overheads properly. I will use rain for an example. Then, how do I insert lightning? (Pink, Flashing Tile Located With Rain)

Freedom
09-04-2003, 12:14 AM
read about "layers" here (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858)

Dark Lord
09-04-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm having an issue with this. When I enter the layer in for 5 or 6, the map number is suppose to be 1, but when I put rain in, even while the 6 or 5th layer is selected, it overlays it. What's wrong?

Freedom
09-04-2003, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't use map 1 for layers, move up to about 12 or so, and leave maps 1-11 for your overworld and dungeons.

you're trying to overlay a map with itself, when you have layers, you have 6 maps to work with, and they must be seperate maps.

It says in the text file you have to use maps 1-8 for the triforce pieces, so I took it at its word.

map 1 = overworld
2 level 1
3 level 2
etc.

then you can use higher numbered maps for other overworlds, layers, etc.

ShadowTiger
09-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I'll tell you what I do. I put all my main layers on map #1, where there is no map #0. It's the first map, and therefore the easiest to work with. I'm sure I don't have to explain that part to you.

I put all of my important layered features in those unusual places, like the 80-87 screens, because let's face it, we never use those screens anymore. ;)

Screen 80 is for my black background for text. It doesn't have a border to it. It's just a big slab of black that I put in the back of every non-disappearing text. The other screens are for weather.

If you have rain that has some splashes in it, you may have to make those individual screens though. Sorry. :shrug: