PDA

View Full Version : DDR Dance Pad Problems

TedHead
09-03-2003, 08:53 PM
I just got a MadCatz DDR "Beat" Pad.

It's only the second day owning it, and now the start button rarely responds and the left button is having a lot of problems.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm really angry about this, help would be greatly appreciated it.

And please don't tell me how stupid I am to get a MadCatz pad, it's the only one they had left.

AlexMax
09-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Um...check http://www.ddrfreak.com to figure out how to mod your pad.

Other than that, try taping down pieces of balled up tape (the type that has a rough texture on one side and looks tan-ish. I've found thtat it sometimes makes it more responsive.

Personally, home pad problems are the reason I've stopped playing DDR at home. Sorry I can't be of more help...

TedHead
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks! I wasn't expecting a whole lot of help anyway, most home pads seem to screw up for people anyway.

So I went to DDR Freak and looked at their tips, and it tells you how to mod your pad with hardwood and stuff. This looks like it might help and be useful, I might try it someday, but the problem is mainly the buttons that have trouble ever responding. Is this due to the sensors being knocked out of place? I'm getting the impression that happens to the pads if they scrunch up or slide or stuff like that.

And mine doesn't slide or anything, cuz I duct taped it to the floor :D haha

AlexMax
09-05-2003, 12:35 AM
No, it's just that the pad is quirky. Try flattening it out COMPLETELY and hitting it. If it doesnt work at all, return it to your EB and complain.

MANDRAG GANON
09-05-2003, 01:48 AM
I dunno how to fix the DDR pad but I can say one thing. If you Mod your pad with the wood pake sure you put something to cushion the blow when you step on it...I know it doesn't say to but my friend moded his pad like that and it can really hurt your ankles some times.