PDA

View Full Version : block trigger flag...

eatyourneighbors
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
i have some questions about blocks and block triggers...

if block starts at point A and the trigger is at point B...is there any way to make it so that when the block is over the trigger, point A is what changes? its a subtle thing, but i can't seem to figure out how to make it work.

Blonde799
09-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Maybe on a layer at point A, but probably not at that point you move the block from.:shrug:

C-Dawg
09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
You are free to use a layer for this. Though whatever is revealed, like stairs, will not function if it is above layer 1.

Using only the zero layer, you can't do it because you cannot assign a flag to the undercombo that is revealed when the block moves.

You CAN just warp Link to an identical screen, of course.

-C

CJC
09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Or you could use the stairway flag (Clickable one, near the Link Continue Point, Spawning Point, and Item Placement flags) and place it right on the block. When the secret flag is activated, the stairway flag will change to the secret combo STAIRS, so you could make that combo whatever you want to appear under the block. I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it will work, but you can test it to see if it does any good.

idontknow
09-04-2003, 06:00 PM
...or DN could implement a flag for the undercombo just like i had suggested so that you can have secret tiles appear where the push block first appeared

Cloral
09-05-2003, 02:39 AM
No, because then the secret flag would show up everywhere you pushed the block (since the undercombo gets set everywhere the block goes).

Is there some reason you need the result to show up in the exact same spot as where the block starts? I would put forth that perhaps what you need to do here is rethink your plans and see if this is really necessary.

idontknow
09-05-2003, 02:51 PM
well Cloral, that is why you also have a quest rule that makes it so that the undercombo appears only once, from where the block is originally pushed & then everytime the block is pushed after that, the combo actually moves over the other combos, as if on like a layer & then the undercombo only shows up once, along with the "underflag"--the flag that could be selected for the undercombo--this would be pretty cool