PDA

View Full Version : temporary vs permanent events...

eatyourneighbors
09-03-2003, 03:47 PM
how can you make an event permanent? you burn a bush, that bush is burned for the rest of the game. sad part is, i know this, and i'm just having a mind freeze.

Linkafier
09-03-2003, 04:04 PM
I think the bush will be burned permantly until the player quits Zquest, but I'm not sure if it can be burned for the WHOLE GAME.

Mr. Z
09-03-2003, 04:16 PM
on overworld, cave and bs-overworld maps it stays burned.
On dungeon dmaps it resets when you leave the room. o_0
Oh, and the trigger perm tiles don't work in dungeons. :blah:

C-Dawg
09-03-2003, 04:16 PM
No, no, no.

Secrets triggered on overworld or cave dmaps are permenant, generally. Those triggered on dungeon dmaps are temporary. Though you can use second-tier secret flags to make any secret temporary...

-C

Petoe
09-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Though you can use second-tier secret flags to make any secret temporary...

-C
...And that sucks! Many plans have gone down the toilet because the "second-tier" secret flags aren't permanent...

eatyourneighbors
09-03-2003, 06:02 PM
actually i was trying to make a permanent change in a dungeon. ugh. ah well.

ShadowTiger
09-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Perhaps you can try an event? That'll stay permanent. :shrug:

Cloral
09-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Right now, if you want anything permanant in a dungeon, you have to make it on a different dmap type (i.e. cave). You can use side warps to move to the different area seemlessly. Although it is still a pain in the ass, and the difference will show up on the automap.

The other option is to create 2 maps that look similar but with the difference you want. Then make the trigger actually teleport the player to the second map. This will make the 'trigger' stay until the player leaves the dmap.