PDA

View Full Version : Not in Japan yet, but soon...

inori
09-02-2003, 03:47 PM
I got back to Kansas last Friday (in preparation for my departure to Japan... I guess I've made enough topics that anyone that cares knows that I'm going). Unfortunately, I've been staying with severely internet-lacking relatives.

Well, that changed today. I headed down to the cable company and picked up a nice shiny new cable modem. Twenty minutes later (would have been five except that I accidentally pulled the end off of one of the cables), I'm online! :kawaii:

Oh, and I discovered where in Japan I'm going to be placed. I'm going to be working in Osaka prefecture (not in the city of Osaka, but fairly near to it). I depart on September 9 (a week from today!); I sent my visa application to the consulate in Kansas City today. I guess they're going to have to rush the thing in order to get me my visa in time.

Paradox
09-02-2003, 03:55 PM
http://osaka-japan.com/index.html

^_^ have fun

Master Ghaleon
09-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Have fun in Japan!! BTW how long are ya going there for?

Prrkitty
09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Travel safely and be well. Hopefully the time spent away from here will be short-lived. Your next post after you leave, Sept 9th, will be highly anticipated :)

AlexMax
09-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Have a great time over in japan, you lucky bastard you.

/me wishes he could go to japan...

:thumbsup:

obi
09-02-2003, 06:46 PM
I envey you Inori, big time, and some of my friends I know would kill for a chance like this.
Hope you have a great time man :thumbsup:

Pablo
09-02-2003, 07:06 PM
/me wishes for a trip to Mexico

...What? Free tequila is more fun than Pocky and oversized socks, in my opinion.

I'm such a drunk :tongue:

P.S. have a fun trip, inori

Yoshiman
09-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Have fun Inori! I hope you have a safe trip. And watch out for those street markets. I know that the people are aliens in disguise... Where else would you get laser pointers with a hentai attachment?

Rijuhn
09-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Dude, you're going to The Land of the Rising Sun! How sweet is that?! I've always been interested in history and culture of ancient civilizations, but Japan especially. Their culture is so delicate and absolute, it's amazing how efficient they are.

hyper001
09-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Have a nice trip to Japan! I know you'll like it there, I know I did when I went to Japan, not Osaka though. I heard that its a nice place and their Osaka-ben(a way to talk Japanese in Osaka for some people) is cool also.

Draconis
09-03-2003, 09:59 AM
DUDE if you go there, buy lots of jap collectable stuff/bring english (USA) collectables. They will jump for the english stuff and part oh so easily with the jap stuff, then when u get here, sell all the jap stuff that you don't want for big bucks!

Ich
09-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Enjoy. Try not to seduce too many young Japanese women. Scratch that. Have fun.

Zeo
09-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Have fun inori. And I bet you broke that cable trying to get online as fast as possible. More power to you that you got it fixed..

Mitsukara
09-03-2003, 05:01 PM
That place sounds awesome, from the link Paradox posted... I hope you have a great time when you're there. :) I must say, it sounds very interesting, and even if I don't really know a terrible lot about Japan, I do envy you just a little.

Um, it hadn't occured to me, but do you have any idea how long you'll be spending there? Just curious.

Oh, and if you see any kickass Love Hina merchandise while you're there, be sure to buy it and bring me back some, and I'll go pick it up from you and pay you back however much you spent (no interest, though) when I'm 18:P Yeah, right.