PDA

View Full Version : Boss Key show in subscreen?

Freedom
09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I just placed a sprite for the boss key, and link can now pick it up and use it, but it doesn't register anywhere that I can see on the subscreen as an item he has, is this normal for the 182/183 player?

Ganonator
09-01-2003, 06:51 PM
You must have 'Revision 2' subscreen to see the boss key. This is in the Init Date, i believe on page 7.

Freedom
09-01-2003, 09:16 PM
If I change that now, will it mess up my quest?
I got too many hours in this to wipe it out now. :O)

Yoshiman
09-01-2003, 09:31 PM
It shouldn't. Any rules or init data you add into a quest won't do anything more but change the setup.

DarkAvenger
09-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Just for reassurance, it won't. Changing the setup of your screen will not change how your screens in play show or your items appear on the menu. Nothing but the menu is changed.

Drakmyth
09-01-2003, 11:16 PM
What is the difference between the three subscreens? This is already on the topic of subscreens so I didn't see the point in posting a new topic. I ask because I haven't gotten around to noticing the difference.

DarkAvenger
09-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Ok the normal subscreen gives you only the use of the normal Zelda 1 items, any others you add... I don't know what happens, maybe it crashes. :shrug: Plz don't be stupid and find out, =p. Sub screen 2 gives you the use of the new items like Din's Fire and the like (hookshot, lens, etc...); and finally the revision 2 lets you know what major dungeon items you have from that dungeon, like in lttp. Such as Map, boss key, and compass. It's basically the same as 2 but with those.

Hope that helps clear things up for you Drakmyth.

Blonde799
09-02-2003, 12:52 AM
To clarify more, normal gives you all z1 items and equipment. New gives you a few extra things, like the hookshot, hammer, super bombs, and the amulet. And revision 2 gives you the ability to use Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind(the last two aren't complete), along with a whole new row of room for five more items. It also allows you to see the boss keys you acquired(keep in mind that you can use boss keys without the rev. 2 subscreen, it just means that you can't see them).

Ganonator
09-02-2003, 02:21 AM
if you have just the normal subscreen on, and you get the hammer, you can cycle through your items and find it. hitting start causes the game to crash (i think)

you cannot use Din's unless you have Rev 2 on. No exceptions.

Freedom
09-02-2003, 02:50 AM
I changed it to rev. 2 and it works fine, thanks guys.
anybody got any different keys?
I just did a color change on the boss key for now, but a different look would be nice if one is available.
It's not worth the hour it would take to draw up a new one though :O)

Drakmyth
09-02-2003, 05:34 AM
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me.