PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #6

Ian
09-01-2003, 04:20 PM
We're onto our 6th contest now. Things might get a bit slow for a few weeks since school is starting up, but I'll do my best to keep this going when I can.

Now for what you're gonna need to make. For this contest, I wanted to stray away from weapons and stuff, and move onto overworld stuff. This week, you'll all be drawing flowers. I've seen a lot of flowers , but a lot are overused, and look bland. Hopefully, you'll all come up with something original, and colorfull.

Well, good luck, try to get those tiles in by Friday.

EDIT:

You can PM me your submission HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=6023), or e-mail HERE ([email protected])

C-Dawg
09-02-2003, 12:58 PM
I'd like to submit to your contest, but I dont know where to email entires.

-C

ShadowTiger
09-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Just store the images somewhere, like www.freewebz.com, and PM the image to Ian via the {img} method, and I'm sure you know the {'s are ['s. As long as you're down by the deadline, and the image shows, you're good to go. :)

Good luck with the contest, everyone! ^_^ I'll sit this one out. I think *b* should enter this one. He has some kicka$$ flowers. (Not something you hear everyday.)

Jonathan
09-03-2003, 12:57 AM
i hate flowers(someone chop all the flowers up)there too pretty and girly for my liking...
BTW where's my throphy

lord_jamitossi
09-03-2003, 07:40 PM
how do you get the pictures out of z-quest? i know how to get them in..... help me!

Jonathan
09-04-2003, 01:06 AM
press teh F12 on the screen with the stuffs
then edit out the useless junk

Ian
09-04-2003, 10:19 AM
When you press F12, it takes a screenshot. So what you do is go into your ZC folder and there should be a bitmap there (called zelda001 or something like that) Then just erase whatever you don't want, and e-mail it to me (or upload it, whichever is most convenient for you) I'm going to extend the deadline to sunday because I've only gotten one entry :| Please enter if you can, and want to. Hopefully I'll get at least 2 entries by sunday.

C-Dawg
09-04-2003, 11:19 AM
You'll have my entry later on today. And dont fear too few entries- there are five or six different flowers of various sizes with animation in my submission.

-C

EDIT - Flowers sent.

lord_jamitossi
09-04-2003, 09:17 PM
if i manage to re-download z-quest tonight, i'll be able to enter. *here's hoping!*

Ian
09-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Strange, I didn't get your subbmittion C. If you can, try to send it again. I hope it works. Oh, and to make it fair, could you try to pick just one flower? You can send them all, and I can just cut the one you picked out.

Ian
09-07-2003, 08:30 AM
I still only have 1 entry, so if I don't get anything in by tonight, the only person who entered will win by defualt. But, I'd still like to have a voting thread, so I'll just use something of my own.

C-Dawg
09-07-2003, 11:09 AM
I'll attempt to re-send later on today. And I'll reduce my entry just to the one flower- though it has four different animations and two different sizes, for variety.

-C

ShadowTiger
09-07-2003, 11:13 AM
C, note that Ian kindly enlarges the flowers when he exhibits them in poll form. The original copy is above the enlarged copy, still in its original form. So never fear, Ian's got it all covered. ;)

C-Dawg
09-07-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm sure he does, but he doesn't enlarge the flowers for use in Zquest. I'm talking about having some flowers that are 1x1, and some that are 2x2 for variety in-game.

-C

EDIT: Hotmail is a steaming load of dog shit. Still, sent. Again.

Ian
09-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Yes, hotmail is a real bitch (though it gets the job done....... most of the time) I got your entry, and I'm gonna do the voting now (I'd have done it earlier but I wasn't on the computer much yesterday)