PDA

View Full Version : Ranma 1/2 RPG keeps freezing!

Monica
09-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Mods, before I posted this I read the rules and they said we could discuss ROMs as long as no links were given. If I somehow misunderstood and this post is out of line, please let me know, and I won't post any more topics like this.

I've been trying forever to play this game on ZSNES. ZSNES has worked on every single game except Ranma 1/2 Treasure of the Red Cats Gang. I've downloaded about 10 different ROMs, both pure Japanese and the English patches, and no matter what I do, it always turns black and freezes while I'm fighting Akane in the Dojo. I doubt it's the Emu because everything else about the emu works, while it froze. This is the only ROM that's done this to me, does anyone know what I can do? And has something like this happened to anyone else? Btw, I have ZSNES 1.36.

Saffith
09-01-2003, 11:47 AM
It's not just you. It's a known problem, and there's not much you can do about it. Maybe the next version of ZSNES will fix it. Until then, I think SNES9X can handle it. If you'd really rather use ZSNES, about the only thing you can do is save near the end of each fight and reload if it crashes. It may freeze more often than not, but it shouldn't be every time.

Monica
09-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Ok, thanks Saffith, I wasn't sure if it was common or what the heck was wrong. Glad to know it's not just me :) I'll go get SNES9X and try it out. ^^