PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lewis's Muscular Dystrophy Assosiation Labor Day Telethon

Monica
08-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Is anybody watching it? I'm just curious because I have a form of it called Mytocondrial Myopothy. Mine isn't life-threatening though, and the worst symptom I have is that my right arm is weak and my muscle hurts if I do certain things or If I put strain on it. (I also have tight leg tendons)That's the camp I go to every year.

Does anyone here have or know someone who has a muscle disease?
If you live outside the US are there any MDA telethons in your country?

Master Ghaleon
09-01-2003, 12:14 AM
What channel is it on? I didnt know that was on. My cousin actually has some type of muscle disease. I havent seen him in couple years

Monica
09-01-2003, 12:31 AM
It's on different channels on different states. For me it's Channel 8.

Mitsukara
09-01-2003, 01:35 AM
I have a brother-in-law who has muscular dystrophy... he seems to have trouble writing and stuff, but generally he's able to function pretty well for day-to-day purposes, from what I've seen.. he's about 27, so it could get worse as he gets older, I guess. He seems to have trouble talking, but I'm not sure that this is linked to the MD; however, he is (and I really don't mean to be offensive) somewhat abnormally small for his age.. I mean, just in general, his body doesn't seem to have grown in size a whole lot. I think he's about 5'3".. but anyway...

Apparently (at least, in his case) it's inherited, as his father had it quite badly, and his sister also has it to a degree. However, I know he has at least one other brother who doesn't have it... I don't think they (his parents) knew at the time, before they had children, that it would be inherited, but I'm not really sure, I don't know a lot about it. It does seem very much an ongoing pain in life, though, and I feel very lucky not to have that condition myself (even though I don't know that I have any family history of it).

I saw a few seconds of the Jerry Lewis thing, I didn't pay much attention though as I wasn't even really watching the TV at the time... *shrug*

DemoQuestFan
09-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Here in Western Mass we have it on WGGB Channel 40 (ABC and Local feed),and Fox 61 WTIC TV(Local feed)

*Edited for improper grammer and editing out improper information.