PDA

View Full Version : Should you learn the slash ability via an item?

idontknow
08-31-2003, 04:08 PM
I think that perhaps instead of having a room called "learn slash", there'd be some sort of item that makes you slash, instead. I just think suddenly entering a room & suddenly being able to slash just doesn't seem right--what do you guys think? should the slash ability be obtained in the form of some kind of item?

Saffith
08-31-2003, 04:34 PM
It doesn't make much sense to pick up an item and suddenly be able to slash, either. :shrug:
At least as a room, you can call it training or something.

Ganonator
08-31-2003, 06:33 PM
Consider AoL. You entered a room, and suddenly, you learned upward and downward slash. Keep it like it is.

DarkAvenger
08-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Yes, I think they should keep it like it is. Add some dialouge explaining you've been taught it and there you go, it' snot strange anymore! :shrug:

Raichu86
08-31-2003, 09:38 PM
I think such an item would be OK. However, it would be more interesting if each item had the ability to give slash when you pick it up. With this, you could make it so that only higher level swords can slash.

But whatever else gets added, keep the room for those who wish to use it.

idontknow
09-01-2003, 09:25 AM
ah! great idea!!! alright..how "bout this?!!! ya know the chart from like pg 7 or 8 of the initial data where you check off if each sword has a sword beam, the heart requirement to get the sword, etc.? there could be another column labeled "slash" and if checked, link will automaticaly slash that sword without having learned slash--example--you check slash for the magic sword but not the wooden sword, that you "stab" instead--now, the learn slash room type could still be an option & if you step in that sort of room, you will learn slash with anysword, regardless of its check box