PDA

View Full Version : BlockMaster Update

MottZilla
08-31-2003, 12:31 AM
I posted about this in GD the other day, but I've updated and want to see if the response is better in this forum.

http://ninjagaiden4.thegaminguniverse.com/downloads/BlockMaster_083003.zip

New Graphics
Laser PowerUp
Small Player Power Up/Handicap
Imported FileList (Not important)
Missing File Errors, All Missing Files now listed in log.txt
Moving Blocks
Enemy Blocks that shoot at you
New Version of the Level Editor. Has windows interface, very handy.
Binded mode for editor. When you lay blocks in binded mode it will place the block onto the grid rather than the exact pixel you clicked. Can be disabled by the 1 key in the original editor, in the new editor click the checkbox.
Level DATs are compatable with the previous version so if you made levels they are still good!

Please feel free to make levels and zip them, upload them, send me a link to them, etc.

KJAZZ
09-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Very fun to mess with. Now add support for midis, and it'll be even better. :O

MottZilla
09-03-2003, 02:23 PM
I looked into that the other day. I have 1 last idea to make it work, however if it doesn't, no official midi support. Feel free to try midis and report how well they work now, but for me the game ends up running horribly slow if a midi is playing.

Update: Figured it out. The next version will support midis just fine.

KJAZZ
09-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, BlockMaster doesn't play on my computer last I checked, and that really sucks. I have to use a friends to play it. It is very fun, though.. Make the minimum requirements less, and I'll love it even more.

Also, is there a way to make a block totally unbreakable? Other than making it break after 50 hits? ;P

MottZilla
09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
If it plain doesn't work it's not the "requirements" being too high. Your pc must have an issue with Direct X.

Currently there is no way to have a block which is unbreakable, although I might consider something like that.