PDA

View Full Version : I Recommend This Movie For All To See

Goat
08-30-2003, 11:52 PM
http://a1055.g.akamai.net/f/1055/1185/5h/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/5380000/5387116.jpg

I watched this bad ass movie earlier, called fraility. It was fuckin awesome. It had Bill Paxton, from Twister & Apollo 13 fame, and Matthew McConaughey, from Dazed & Confused & Reign of fire. Ill paste a review.

From Barnes & Noble
The lines between faith, zealotry, and insanity are blurred in Bill Paxton's directorial debut, a contemporary psychothriller with nods to Alfred Hitchcock. Paxton himself stars as a single father of two who claims to have orders from God to destroy demons on Earth. Unfortunately, the demons he sees seem to be real people, his weapon of choice is an axe, and he forces his two young sons to help him with his bloody mission. Paxton carries the film with the refined subtlety of a master sociopath -- he seems totally sane despite the absurdity of his dogma. Matthew McConaughey costars as one of the sons, who as an adult recounts the clan's disturbing deeds in flashbacks to FBI agent Powers Boothe. For a first-time director, Paxton frightens with finesse, acknowledging the tried-and-true tactics of Hitchcock, most notably when one of the boys is confined to a basement and suffers a Vertigo-esque freak-out sequence. But be not mistaken: Just when Frailty may start to seem too straightforward or derivative, the movie throws a creepy curve and spirals downward. Whether it spirals into insanity or into Hell is the question, one that is answered in the unnerving twist of an ending. Tony Nigro

Watch it now!! It gets my official Armageddon Games seal of approval http://www.armageddongames.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rainman
08-31-2003, 12:17 AM
I agree, it was quite a good movie. :thumbsup: I saw it quite a bit ago and loved it.

Jemsee
08-31-2003, 02:43 AM
Never heard of it.
But I gotta know, wha he really a sociopath or were the people really "demons in another form"?
I will have to look for it.
Is this somthing I can rent or is it at the movies?

Goat
08-31-2003, 11:27 AM
You can rent it at blockbuster.

obi
08-31-2003, 02:46 PM
I saw this film and before seeing Breaker gave me his approval of it in chat.
Damn good film :thumbsup:

zables
08-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Thats an awesome film, its gotta really cool twist at the end of it, and the director does a great job of keeping your attention the whole way through the movie

Master Ghaleon
08-31-2003, 03:31 PM
One should think to himself before renting this movie....

Would I really want a movie that a Xtreme Cock Fighter recommends and raves about?

The answer is YES!!

:Runs to blockbuster and rents it:

:tongue:

Daarkseid
08-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
Never heard of it.
But I gotta know, wha he really a sociopath or were the people really "demons in another form"?
I will have to look for it.
Is this somthing I can rent or is it at the movies?

If you gotta know, then, yes, they are demons or otherwise evil beings deserving to be destroyed.

Which is why I supremely disliked this movie in the end, the people doing the killing weren't crazy after all, they were actually doing god's good work.

Breaker
08-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

If you gotta know, then, yes, they are demons or otherwise evil beings deserving to be destroyed.

Which is why I supremely disliked this movie in the end, the people doing the killing weren't crazy after all, they were actually doing god's good work.

With the exception of his brother (the God's Hand killer that the FBI were looking for) who was really insane...

thePHeffect
08-31-2003, 05:36 PM
good movie...freaky concept. crazy ending. ^.^

Link 101
08-31-2003, 05:42 PM
I might check this out, it sounds interesting. I like movies with demons in them.:D

Nekui
08-31-2003, 08:59 PM
I think Bill Paxton and Matthew McConaughey are really irritating sometimes, mainly Paxton. I might see it if it's on late on tv or something....