PDA

View Full Version : Combo Animation on Layers

C-Dawg
08-30-2003, 09:45 PM
This problem was reported awhile ago- did DN ever get around to fixing this?

-C

Ganonator
08-30-2003, 09:48 PM
no; i believe it was originally intended NOT to.

DN has not fixed this as of 1.93a1.

ShadowTiger
08-30-2003, 09:52 PM
WTF! :odd: Why would such a gift as layered Combo Cycles not be granted to us? If he thinks that properties would be lost on layers would stop us from doing other things, then that's just incorrect reasoning! :eek: We need combo cycling, at LEAST for people tiles.

idontknow
08-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Here's ideas for combo cycling on layers:
1. Having transparent layers that change colors every so often to stimulate a change in daytime or darkness--great for dungeon rooms where if you light a torch, secrets on layer 5 or 6 are activated so that a transparent layer appears but eventually cycles back to a dark layer
2. having certain weather affects, such as rain, snow, or wind that only lasts for a little bit & then disappears
3. cutscenes & walking people/characters
4. obstacles on layers 1 or 2 that can be lowered for a period of time & then eventually retract

ShadowTiger
08-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, IDK. But will it ever happen? You're a tester! You have links to DN! .. or.. something like that. :think: Why exactly does Dark Nation not want Combo Cycling on layers to take place? It's like having Vanilla but not chocolate! :eek:

C-Dawg
08-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, idontknow, we understand that.

I can work with the limitation that combo cycling only works on the 0 layer. I was just checking, because using the 1 layer will make my life much easier. I'm going back and actually designing more Master Jailers for Sabotage Dragoon now (testers recall I've got four to make) and they're proving very tricky to make without combo cycling on layers.

-C