PDA

View Full Version : NEW tile contest

DeathLink
08-30-2003, 03:20 PM
I noticed that in his Contest, he is only doing sprites, so i decided i will do a overworld and Dungen tile contest.
So how about it?
i will give everyone 1 week then i will place a poll until the following monday, and then post a new contest and go for a week, then give you 2 days to vote, etc...

we'll see how this goes...

this weeks contest--BUSH tiles-- will be used with the BUSH combo. so you can have it be any size (1x1, 4x4, whatever) but it has to look nice if you chop of peices of it (so if its a 2x2, and you chop of one of the tiles, it still looks good and not "choppy")

try to use a common pal. when making these (Pure, mystic land, BS, Newfirst, Classic, or Desendant)

edit - please post tiles here, or pm them to me, or email them to me at [email protected]

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 03:25 PM
I don't know. As long as it's pretty straight forward tiles like "BUSHES" and not anything like a whole page then I think it's a good idea. But I believe Ian would've gotten there eventually.

Petoe
08-30-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't think another tile competition would be a wise idea. Let Ian do this stuff. He's doing it pretty well and I'm sure there will be overworld/dungeon tiles in his contest... sooner or later.

Ian
08-30-2003, 04:55 PM
There will be. Probably soon too. You can go ahead, but I'm gonna be doing mine like I am. A few suggestions: don't have a pallette restriction. That will just completely screw them up if they need to use a certain pallette. Try to leave as MUCH up to the contestants as you can. If there are too many restrictions, it's not fun, it's just frustrating. And also, I wouldn't try to tell them how to have it (like not make it look choppy, ect....) Some people aren't as good at spriting than others, so just let them do their best, and I'm sure it will be appreiciated.

I have no objections to what you're doing, and I'm not trying to run YOUR contest, I'm just giving you a few hints to make it go well. I've had a few people who are really consistant on me making people make overworld and dungeon tiles. But what they want are full dungeon sets and stuff, and personally, I'm not quite sure how you can make any dungeon tiles at all unless it's a whole set (except for misc stuff like statues.)

Good luck, and I hope it all works out.

EDIT: I also think you should give it a new name, people might get the two contests mixed up.

DeathLink
09-02-2003, 11:46 AM
well, i orringanally was just going to have a poll to see if anyone wants to do it, but then i decided, might as well start and see how it goes. thats what is with the names

Demimore
09-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Nah, one contest is enough (Ian's, that is). It wouldn't be a good idea to make another one.

DeathLink
09-12-2003, 10:53 PM
well, if you havent noticed this yet, but this idea kinda got flushed, a while ago.