PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #5

Ian
08-29-2003, 09:38 PM
There they are. Vote and enjoy. Good Luck everyone.

As always, my vote doesn't count and DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF. And after this, I will submit all the tile submitted into the PureZC Loose Tile Database. If there's any objections from the owners of the tiles previously entered, PM me about it.

DarkAvenger
08-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Aw, man. I'm so depressed now... I was going to start up a B-rang of a Frizbar looking thing, like from SOM, but I guess I found the thread too late. Oh well, I'm going to go make it and send it to you anyway! You can submit to PZC too if you want.

Yoshiman
08-29-2003, 10:03 PM
The first one looks alot like the Sonic Slicer from MegaManX2. Meh. I liked the ice boomerang the best. It's original.

Jonathan
08-29-2003, 10:23 PM
well that IS the S.Slicer but its not the one from MMX2,good guess though...ill vote for the ice boomerang

Crazy_Link
08-29-2003, 10:23 PM
I voted for the hammer, because I thought it was a pretty neat idea.

Sephiroth
08-29-2003, 10:26 PM
I liked the ice boomer.. :p

Tsukuru
08-30-2003, 01:35 AM
They all looked fairly good.

It's surprising how high the caliber of this contest has raised since tile contest #1 ... guess it was the lack of good competition in the first one inspired people to participate. I probably wouldn't have won if the people who enter know entered in the first one.

Ganonator
08-30-2003, 03:09 AM
#1 looks tons better in combat. its difficult to judge from the stills.

Blonde799
08-30-2003, 03:49 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't judge these on how they look with the boomerang in ZC(unless you use them all as arrows). The reason is, because they all don't look as good as they should, because good animations with the boomerang are almost non-existant. I used them all as arrows to see how good they looked, and I'm tied between the slicer(#1), and the hammer(no, I didn't vote).:p

Ian
08-30-2003, 12:11 PM
To tell you the truth, it's not an ice Boomerang, it's electric :shrug: I voted for the last one (I know my vote doesn't count, but I'm still going to vote on my favorite.) It looks cool with the handle on one side, and then spikes on the other.

Raichu86
08-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Ian
And after this, I will submit all the tile submitted into the PureZC Loose Tile Database. If there's any objections from the owners of the tiles previously entered, PM me about it.
I think we'd all be happier if you let the creators submit their own work. After all, it's not currently possible to submit content under somebody else's name. ;)

I like that electric one, but I didn't vote since I entered the contest.

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Well, actually, you CAN vote Raichu(Wildbill, I don't know what you prefer =/ ) just not for yourself.

BTW, when will the Tileshop be updated? Is it just there for a waste of webspace now? :shrug:

EDIT:

Originally posted by Ganonator
#1 looks tons better in combat. its difficult to judge from the stills.

I could easily make animated .gifs for any upcoming tile contests so everyone knows what it looks like in action. It's really up to Ian though, and it could increase the magnitude of competition. Just a tidbit from me, I'll let you think about it. ^_^

Ian
08-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Ive had a few animated gifs sent in, but I still prefer the frames of it, and no animations. It's just that not everyone has the programs, and know-how to animate their tiles (with the background transparent and everything) Though, I do animate trophies, so some tiles will be seen in action.

I think we'd all be happier if you let the creators submit their own work. After all, it's not currently possible to submit content under somebody else's name.

I know, I was going to submit everything in a zip. I have each contest in it's own folder, so what I'd do is copy the folders, zip the copies, and then submit them. Each .bmp has the name of who made it, and what it is. So I'd just say in the credits
"week 1:
Tsukuru: Garo
Raichu86: Stick Link
Crazy Link: Knuckles"

And so on for each week. This way everybody is given credit before hand, and even after, when the tiles are downloaded. If you still object, then Iwill step down, I just thought it'd be better for me to submit it all at once, instead of everyone doing it one at a time.

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Making .gifs with transparent backgrounds isn't hard... If that's what you're trying to say. Anyway, I don't see how showing the tiles and .gifs together can do any harm. It would just make people more interested in certain designs more than others they thought they wouldn't like. (Like someone liked one design just by the look of the tiles, but the same person like another one even better after seeing it animated.) :shrug: Whatever.

ShadowTiger
08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Great. NOW it loads. :rolleyes: I would have voted for the top one, but I couldn't see the first or fourth. Oh well.

Ian
08-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DarkAvenger
Making .gifs with transparent backgrounds isn't hard... If that's what you're trying to say. Anyway, I don't see how showing the tiles and .gifs together can do any harm. It would just make people more interested in certain designs more than others they thought they wouldn't like. (Like someone liked one design just by the look of the tiles, but the same person like another one even better after seeing it animated.) :shrug: Whatever.

It's just that, it's not fair for some people to have and animation with their tiles, and others with just the tiles. I know it's not hard, Ido it all the time, but some people can't do it, and it's easier to just keep everyone at the same level.

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 11:14 PM
I was trying to give you a proposal Ian. :rolleyes: I was saying I could give their bundle of tiles animation if they couldn't do it themselves. Not they'd have to do it. =P

Ian
08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
Well, since nobody is going to beat 9 votes anytime soon, I guess the top B-Rang wins! Congrats to Jonathan. I'll have your trophy sent to you by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for particepating, I hope hope you'll all do it again next contest. Sorry to all of those who didn't happen to win. I really liked all the entries that we got, but not everyone can win.