PDA

View Full Version : The battle between Pure V2 and Descendant tilesets!

DarkAvenger
08-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I have a question (obviously you could tell...) and I couldn't find where to place this thread. So anyway, which do you think is better to use? I like the look of the Descendant Tileset and I used a little of the Pure, but I can't make up my mind. Which should I use for my upcoming quest, Heartless Blade?

Nick
08-29-2003, 10:23 PM
I personally prefer Pure... but then again... that could be partially because I helped make it. :shrug:

None the less... Pure is meant for customizing.

Both tilesets are great, though. It's just that... uh... Pure has room for customizing in the middle.

DarkAvenger
08-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Pure is pretty good, but there's things that are lacking in it. I can't remember which... But anyway, I think I might use Pure, just cuz you say so. Lol

DarkFlameWolf
08-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Use both, combine the two. :P

Ganonator
08-30-2003, 01:43 AM
With simple pallette changes, and the new feature for reducing colors in imported tiles, you can simply combine the two as DFW said. I personally like Pure. I will use it until a better set comes out, which isn't Dec2

Mr. Z
08-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Pure V2 Tileset is the roxxor!
Well, soon Nick probably will release a new version of it.

cccc
08-30-2003, 07:39 AM
I'd go with Descendant. its got much more verity of tile and allot more prople tiles.

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Ok, I'm not great with switching pallettes and the like. (I'm good at editing existing tiles though, it's so fun turning a normal sword into the buster sword ^_^) So could you explain to me how to use the color reducing feature? I guess i still have some things to learn in ZQ after using it for 4+ years. >_>

Questwizard88
08-30-2003, 01:57 PM
I think its a beta feature thats only out to beta testers right now, and who knows when everybody will get it.

EDIT: Well once we do get it, it sounds like we wont be doing no more recoloring ever again.

DarkAvenger
08-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Heh, thank god. Let's toast to it!

Freedom
08-30-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm building Quest for Freedom II with decendant tiles as the base, but have added pure, orion, and a lot of custom tiles.

Decendant is a great set to add to, and recoloring with the red wand makes it cake.

there are some screenies under Quest for Freedom II in my sig.

ShadowTiger
08-30-2003, 09:14 PM
I really like Pure, because of its amazing capability to adapt, what with the layers. The floor borders are all empty underneath, which gives the ability to place them anywhere. It's really cool.

But, I just took another look at the Descendent set, and it had a lot of good tiles, some that even the Pure didn't. So the Pure is built for adaptability / versatility, and the Descendent is built for a lot of tiles. :shrug:

So I voted for the 3rd choice. I would have voted for Pure, but remember, someone also worked hard on the Dscndnt set, and we can't rule out that lucky individual for his effort.

* BH4 hands out pure and Descendent flags.

Demimore
09-01-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
I really like Pure, because of its amazing capability to adapt, what with the layers. The floor borders are all empty underneath, which gives the ability to place them anywhere. It's really cool.

But, I just took another look at the Descendent set, and it had a lot of good tiles, some that even the Pure didn't. So the Pure is built for adaptability / versatility, and the Descendent is built for a lot of tiles. :shrug:

So I voted for the 3rd choice. I would have voted for Pure, but remember, someone also worked hard on the Dscndnt set, and we can't rule out that lucky individual for his effort.

* BH4 hands out pure and Descendent flags.

SOMEONE ELSE?! You make it sound like you care, but then again, it doesn't. It's PLITH!! If you don't know, don't say anything. I love Descendant. But I'm using Pure because my last one was using Descendant. I don't like using the same many times.

CJC
09-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Decendent seems to have a lot of sprite tiles that are pretty cool. I know that the pure tileset has some great overworld tiles. But I really don't look at those kinds of things very much, because my tileset is based off of newfirst, with bits and pieces stolen from everything and made my own, as well as my own custom tiles and sprites that I made myself. So I really couldn't tell you. If you really want a tileset that packs a punch, take one as a base, and then use tiles from other quests to boost it up. If I were you I would use the Pure tileset as a base, considering the extreme orginization that's put into play there. It leaves a lot of space for you to put your own combos, so you could just take tiles from other quests and import them.

I voted for try this one, because customizing a tileset like that can be very rewarding and give you a real sense of pride that you did something really cool.