PDA

View Full Version : Like Arkanoid/Breakout?

MottZilla
08-29-2003, 04:52 AM
About 4 months ago (from the version date in my source) I made alittle breakout game. Took about an hour or so. Today I decided to update it, I added quite a bunch of stuff.

Take a look here: http://ninjagaiden4.thegaminguniverse.com/downloads/BlockMaster_082903.zip

Also, if anyone would be interested in making some level formations that are nicely done use the editor which is included and feel free to make a bunch and zip them for me. I'd like to get about 100 nice levels or so to distribute with the game. Right now there are only about 6.

Maybe if someone makes some nicer levels when they post the zip for me to get you guys can download the levels too so you can try some better formations, the ones that come with this are just basic demo levels.

Btw, I might have left out in the readme that you can remove blocks in the editor with the right mouse button.

Demimore
08-29-2003, 06:13 AM
This sounds great! I will give it a try. The levels are coming!

Gerudo
08-29-2003, 07:52 AM
if making levels are really easy, then ill help out too, mott...

edit:

played for like 30 seconds, and messed with the editor for like 15...

i like it, the level editor, fuck, a monkey could use it! ^_^

maybe ill spare out levels in my spare time...

good job mott! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Master Ghaleon
08-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Sweet!! My first video game ever played was Super Breakout for the atari. Its been awhile since Ive played this kind of game so Im gonna check it out :)

MottZilla
08-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Yup. The editor is pretty much point and click. But still if you have any questions just ask.

But I have one for you guys, have you taken advantage of the custom music list file "ml.txt"? If you look at it you will see you can add your very own music collection to the game simply by adding them to the musiclist file. While I included a few tracks, it was mainly just to have something you could listen to as well as give you an example ml.txt to look at so you could edit it.

So anyways, feel free to post the levels whenever you are satisfied with them. ;) Btw, did I mention anywhere to test them just name the file whatever level you want them to appear at, i.e. level1.dat level2.dat etc.

Update: I've done some more tweaking here and there, as well as added a Laser powerup. Basically after you get the powerup you can shoot at blocks for awhile but you still must keep your ball alive.

I have some other items of twists to put into the game, but if anyone else has any feel free to suggest them.