PDA

View Full Version : how to REALLY get mew in red or blue

lord_jamitossi
08-28-2003, 05:57 PM
I did this; it works.

in order to get a lvl.7 mew in pokemon RED or BLUE, first, start a new game and get to the city where Misty is the leader. heal your pokemon and deposit pokemon until you have 4 left in your linup. get through nugget bridge and turn to the left, carefully avoiding the trainer that's hiding in the grass. search in this field until you catch an abra. (this will fill one of the 2 empty spots in your lineup) go and beat the lower down of the 2 hikers going towards bill's house. there should be a guy and a girl nearby. save the game and check if the guy trainer has a SLOWPOKE. don't beat him, just remember where he is.
now, go back and go one square above the guy who's hiding in the grass and save the game. go down to where he can see you, and QUICKLY press start. use teleport. if you did this right, the guy should then get the ! above his head, and you will teleport to the pokemon center. for now, your start button won't work. go back and fight the trainer with the slowpoke, making sure that he has to walk to chalenge you. (if not, your game will be SERIOUSLY messed up.) beat him and walk back towards Nugget Bridge. your start menu will eventually pop up. choose "exit", and you will fight MEW!

You can do this and fight other trainers to receive other lvl.7 pkmn, with a couple exceptions.

KJAZZ
08-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Red and Blue are way too old for me to really care. And I seriously doubt this rumor is true. The only way to get Mew in Red/Blue/Yellow/Green is to use a gameshark, or go to those Nintendo Events.

Saffith
08-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, it might work. It sounds like a glitch, and those can certainly do unusual things.

Ganonator
08-28-2003, 08:12 PM
w/ the territory glitch, i filled my lineup with 6 Charizards. In reality, that was like 4 years ago.

maybe i'll try it. i'm in the mood for another pokemon.

Pablo
08-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Why couldn't you have told me this 4 years ago? -_-'

I spent months trying to get Mew in Blue...but now I don't care anymore.

Thanks anyway, maybe one of my little brothers will use this info, if it works at all...

Maverick_Zero
08-28-2003, 08:34 PM
Mew isn't that good. All he can do is use any technique, which does allow alot of versitility, but not enough for me to go through all of that. I'll take Mewtwo over him anyday.

And I'm not playing my old pokemon carts EVER again.

vegeta1215
08-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Raichu86 told me about this glitch a little while ago. I think a Gameshark is easier to use (I used one to get Mew), but it is a neat trick.

Here's an example of the trick with pictures: http://white-cat.virtualave.net/pfiles/catchmew.htm

Tygore
08-28-2003, 09:14 PM
I used a similar trick in Yellow. I had started a new game a while ago, and actually have a pretty good team going.

KJAZZ
08-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, my apologies, apparently you were telling the truth. I might try this if I ever decide to play Blue again..I used a gameshark for my mew..

Master Ghaleon
08-29-2003, 02:49 AM
Jesus, talking about one of the first pokemon games.

:wipes off the dust and spiderwebs from pokemon red and blue:

I havent played them in years. I would try your trick out but I dont feel like playing pokemon anymore.

:throws it back in the big box of old games:

Axel
08-29-2003, 03:34 PM
well, I prefer Red and Blue to the others, but I really don't feel like playing it right now. besides, Mew isn't that great, I prefer the party I got regularly.

lord_jamitossi
08-30-2003, 10:50 AM
i actually only looked into it so my friend could finish his pokedex in gold version. i'm busy playing Ruby at this point. i FINALLY found the stupid square where you can catch feebas on route 119, so i got a milotic. at last.

TedHead
09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
GWAHAHAHAHA! I got Mew at a Nintendo event!!! They traded it over to me on the Pokemon Stadium tour!!! SUCKAZ!!!! HAHA!

Sorry, it's not often I get to brag about Pokemon stuff :D