PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Quake III Arena?

Link 101
08-28-2003, 04:09 PM
What do you think of it if you have ever played it? I love it, my uncle owns it and I play it on his PC. WHat about you guys?

vegeta1215
08-28-2003, 08:43 PM
I love Quake III Arena. It has a feel to it that other games like UT just can't match (for me anyways). I just wish my computer were fast enough to run it at accelerated modes with tons of GL effects.

El Oso Verde
08-28-2003, 10:05 PM
I love Quake 3! I dunno why I stopped playing it really.

I'm probably gonna start it up again now, woo!

Maverick_Zero
08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
It's great, but, old. What like 3-4 years right? It came out on DC so I know it's pretty old.

I liked it, I however, was an Unreal Tournament guy. I mean, how can you beat the Redeemer. :shrug: I wonder either of them is still on my computer. QIII was better, if you're into the more simple stuff. It has simple controls, and very easy setup. UT had alot more weapons, and had some cool variables to play around with, (low grav, unlimited ammo, and so on) and IMO a bit deeper then QIII, and then graphics were a bit better. :shrug:

DarkPanther
08-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I lived off Q3A for the first year and a half. I was damn good.

Kick ass game.

I'd suck horrible amounts of dookie if I went back to playing it now though.

Link 101
08-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Well, at least I know I am not the only one who likes Quake 3. That game is pretty gorey though. I like it.

goKi
09-07-2003, 08:46 AM
The gameplay was great, but it was let down by maps and a single player mode that was pretty bland. All i really use it for these days is to test the FPS of my computers, since the Quake engine seems to work very well for this, and i notice that alot of video card comparisons also use Q3.

gdorf
09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
It is very dated. With games like ut2003 out right now who would want to go back to qIII? It just isn't the same.

Bloodstar64
09-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by gdorf
It is very dated. With games like ut2003 out right now who would want to go back to qIII? It just isn't the same.

Yes. But quake 3 has some kick ass mods for it, Ever tried Bid for power or Urban terror? And besides I never could get into the oringal UT......

Though prehaps that will change after I get my new pc at home. (getting it somtim between monday and thursday this week.)

Link 101
09-10-2003, 08:47 PM
I want QIII for my laptop when it gets fixed that is.:sweat: I want a lot of PC games actually. I want Warcraft III: The Frozen THrone.:thumbsup:

Demimore
09-12-2003, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I liked it when it was new- Now I don't have it but if I did, I'd probably play it a little. I didn't really like UT, though.