PDA

View Full Version : 16 years and counting

Rafnul
08-27-2003, 07:39 PM
I turned 16 today.

It was a normal day at school. I only told a few people about it anyways. I don't really like people making a big deal about things that involve me. My dad came home early from work so I could go get a license. I got the license and can now drive whenever I want. I'm driving a fairly old maroon Oldsmobile. It's got a V6, and thats about the only good thing I can say about it. It would only be worth about $250 to trade in. It's my sister's car technically. I'm "renting" it from her, and if I hold onto it long enough to pay her $250 (25 a month) its technically mine. My parents put me on their insurance policy, but I still have to pay for it.

I'll be getting a job at Hy-Vee or something and getting a new computer sometime because the craptop just isn't going to last much longer.

My Spanish teacher asked if anyone had any good news today. I hesitated telling him that I would be driving tomorrow. Quite frankly, it's probably not good news to him or anyone else... if you catch my drift.

Pablo
08-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Hard to believe a prodigious thinker like yourself is merely 16 years old. Congrats on the license, make sure you obey all traffic laws ;)

Oh, and happy birthday! Hopefully you'll get lots of presents and shit.

Drunken Tiger
08-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Happy bday Rafnul!! I got my learners the day i turned 16, cant wait till i can start to drive by myself!! :p

Hope you have a great bday!!

Jemsee
08-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Happy BD Rafnul.

http://www.hoppers.com.au/crash03.jpg

It is a new found freedom to drive but to be sure it is a responsibility also.
Don't be an ass on the road, use common courtesy not road rage.
Be cool, be safe, and be happy.
:)

Blonde799
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
You drink. You drive. You lose. That's all I gotta say.:laughing:

Mitsukara
08-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Happy birthday, Rafnul. I hope you don't pass out while you're driving too often, hehe... maybe you can be like Seta in Love Hina, and always crash your van when you show up at someplace and crawl out with this cut on your face and your back on fire or whatever, yet magically be fine afterwards.

Anyway... sounds like things are going pretty well for you. That's always good, most people deserve to be happy and from what I've seen of you, you're definately one of those people.

*bows*

Master Ghaleon
08-28-2003, 01:43 AM
Happy Birthday!!!! and drive safe :)