PDA

View Full Version : InDUHviduality

Starkist
08-27-2003, 12:38 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ch/1992/ch920827.gif

So true...

ShadowTiger
08-27-2003, 12:42 PM
:laughing: You can always depend on C&H to express American thoughts. ... Of personal destruction. :sb:

I-Man
08-27-2003, 01:17 PM
So sad, but so true. Although he forgot to mention that those without brand name logos are often treated as social misfits.

Jemsee
08-27-2003, 03:56 PM
O M G !

I have ranted and raved about this for years and my family thinks I'm nuts.
I will wear shirts with stuff on them, like an AGN shirt or a picture of a dragon or maybe a favorite band perhaps a location I have been to (Yellowstone).
But never will you catch me in a Coke shirt, or one with a little horse on it, or any comerical other logo.
Unless maybe it was given me or came free with a product, even then it would probably be a weekend work under the car shirt.

When the rest of the family or friends wear a logo shirt I always give them a hard time and ask how much they are getting paid to wear it.

ShadowTiger
08-27-2003, 04:01 PM
When the rest of the family or friends wear a logo shirt I always give them a hard time and ask how much they are getting paid to wear it. I should do that too, but my friends really hate it when I do that. :shy:

Gerudo
08-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
like an AGN shirt i hope my AGN shirt comes to me soon :(

as for logo's, i rarely ever wear logo stuff...

Sephiroth
08-27-2003, 07:54 PM
It is all too true...

It is getting less and less possible to avoid getting advertised at in America. Now half of TV is advertisements, the Web has pop-ups, pop-unders (Mozilla Firebird's pop-up blocker is a lifesaver), and the nearly inescapable ads at the top, bottom, and sides of nearly every Web page... And that's only the digital stuff! Billboards, magazines... And as mentioned in our Calvin and Hobbes comic here, T-shirts.

I know the benefits of advertising, but we need to draw a line somewhere. We should have SOMEWHERE to go to avoid being advertised at WITHOUT becoming a hermit! I AM GETTING SICK OF THIS!!! :bomb: