PDA

View Full Version : Combo cycling is too fast.

cbailey77
08-26-2003, 04:27 PM
How can I slow down the combo cycling? It goes at MAX speed. Could you please help me slow down the combo cycling speed? Thanks!

Yoshiman
08-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, it depends on what you're trying to do. If you are trying to put a certain interval of time on the first tile, you have to have a longer frakme speed. But if you're trying to make a certain time on the second tile, forget it. That's still a bug in the current public beta.

Ganonator
08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
there is a way around this, but you have to be willing.

make every frame of the animation a different combo, and link those together. this guarentees that no frames are skipped.

when you have Combo Cycling -> 7 tile animation -> final
the animation can start anywhere in the middle. If you do
Combo Cycling -> CC -> CC -> CC etc, you get every frame. Try that, and it will slow down for you.

Sephiroth
08-26-2003, 06:23 PM
hmm.. I do not get this "combo cycling" and I have not made a quest with combo cycling.. I think that I just don't need them.

cbailey77
08-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Could you send me an example quest file of how to do that. That will help me see how it is done. won't you mind making me a quest file of it? thanks!

C-Dawg
08-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Cbailey doesn't know what the hell he's asking about. And Snort's apparently had his head buried in the soil for a year. Great, informative thread.

Look, combo cycling is the greatest thing to happen to ZQ since Pit warps. It's so fucking fantastic I can't even begin to put it into words. Learn to use it. LEARN IT NOW.

-C

Sephiroth
08-26-2003, 10:31 PM
hmm.. tryed it, but the combos were cycling too fast just like the topic's title. :p I NEED HELP!

DeathLink
08-26-2003, 10:46 PM
I NEED HELP!
mentaly or physicaly? ;)

all you do is, click on the square next to NEXT: when you editing to combo, then after its done w/the first tile it will go to the second tile and so on and so forth, if you play with it, you will get it, its not that hard, i figured it out!!

C-Dawg
08-27-2003, 06:12 AM
"Too fast"? "Too fast"?!?! The ignorance in this thread is so thick and buttery that you could grease a cookie sheet with it. Look, geniuses, you can't just take a tile with no animation and tell it to combo animate. If you do that, then yes, it will animate RIGHT THE FUCK AWAY and you'll virtually never see the first combo. You can slow it down very easily by just making sure that each combo in the combo animation cycle has it's own TILE ANIMATION SEQUENCE. The combos don't cycle until the tile animation is done.

HOWEVER you need to check past threads dealing with how you time tile animation and combo cycling. It's not complicated, but it is vital, so pick up the info.

-C

Petoe
08-27-2003, 06:18 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74064
Click that to find out how to combo cycle. Especially read one of the posts by C-Dawg. It explains it all. If you still don't get it after that, then just forget the whole combo cycling. It's not for everyone...

ShadowTiger
08-27-2003, 10:50 AM
You can slow it down very easily by just making sure that each combo in the combo animation cycle has it's own TILE ANIMATION SEQUENCE. The combos don't cycle until the tile animation is done. What C said here is of particular importance. It's pretty much the meat and bones of the operation. I made the most important part bold for you.

I'll give you a tip for one-way combo cycling. One-way combo cycling is like when you want to make a floor drop out. Naturally, it won't be coming back up. http://www.smilies.nl/yellows/dozey.gif

Have the floor animate for 8 frames, and about a 10 as its animation speed. Then make a combo to the right of it (or wherever, it's just easier this way.) that shows it falling down. Have it animate so it shows it falling down at a generous speed, so the player can actually see it falling. OR, better yet, you can use Ganonator's method and have each frame animate for 2 frames each, then combo-cycle to the next image of the tile falling, until it falls completely. I'm sure that you know how to put the "next" tile in the sequence, right?

Essentially, what's happening is the floor tile finishes its animation sequence, and changes to the combo that you specify under the "next" tab. This happens to be a picture of that floor tile falling into a pit. When that combo finishes its animation sequence, it'll combo-cycle, if you specified it to, to the next combo, which is the pit. I hope that did it. Further questions?