PDA

View Full Version : Discover DISCover?

DarkPanther
08-26-2003, 02:00 PM
DISCover - LACC NCR. DISCover, a videogame console that plays unmodified PC games, will be unveiled at this news conference. Since DISCover games are unmodified PC games, DISCover will launch with more games than all other videogame consoles combined.

Been reading a lot of interesting things over the past month that I've wanted to post about, but haven't gotten around to.

This is one that I haven't found a lot of info on though. If you could add upgrades, patches and such, it might be cool if it's nice and cheap. Who hasn't wanted a lightning gaming PC without paying over a 'g'? I might even get excited over this if it's online capable. I can't currently afford a new computer for computer gaming (which I've wanted to get into lately), but a new console to take it's place? ...sure, why not?

Thoughts? Speculation?

Maverick_Zero
08-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Sound like a good idea. But how is it going to handle new games, if there weren't any upgrades, or patches. :shurg:

Sounds like some sorta hoax to me.

DarkPanther
08-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Nah, not a hoax. It was simulated at E3. I just didn't post the source.

You'll never see me post something that I don't have strongly supported, because then I could be wrong. ;)

Bloodstar64
08-26-2003, 03:53 PM
If its nice and cheap then I would get it. The only pc I have is the one im typing on right now and it's a piece of total shit. (It barly plays quake 3 at 640x480)