PDA

View Full Version : Well, I had a fun night.

Saffith
08-26-2003, 11:43 AM
I was watching Cowboy Bebop last night, as is my wont, and the fire alarm went off just after the ad break. This is, by the way, in a college dorm with I think about 140 people. So everyone gets up and starts to go downstairs, but apparently the stairs are flooded. So we went down another and out into the street. The police showed up, then the firemen. After everyone finally left and the alarms died down, they told us all that happened was that one of the sprinklers broke. They had to call a plumber, who was expected to arrive "probably before morning." We were assured we wouldn't be getting back in for a while, so if we had somewhere else we could go, we should do so. Naturally, everyone but I had somewhere to go. So I wandered around (barefoot, I might add) for a while, and eventually ended up on a sofa in the lobby of another dorm, where about twenty people were noisily playing board games. At about 3:30, the police showed up and said we could go back, so long as we avoided the flooded area. I hadn't thought to get my key or ID card, so I couldn't get into my bedroom, but I could at least reach a sofa and TV. Just as 3rd Rock from the Sun was ending, the alarm went off again. Most people ignored it. As soon as the few of us who did leave got outside, it shut off. When we got back in, we found the guy with the master key, so I could finally get into the bedroom. It turned out my roommate was already in there. It looked like he slept through the whole thing, but I haven't asked.

Okay, so it would have been a more interesting post if there were a fire or something. But, damn it, it was miserable, and I want to bitch about it.

Ganonator
08-26-2003, 02:06 PM
I found dorm fire alarms/fire drills to be a complete waste of time. It would be 8am, and some ass would pull the alarm just to see everybody get out of bed on a nice Saturday morning. fuckoffs.

In these situations, i pretend i didn't hear the damn thing, dispite it being right outside my door.
"I didn't hear it!"
"fuck whatever, its right there going off"
"What? I didn't hear you. It was too loud"

Maverick_Zero
08-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
In these situations, i pretend i didn't hear the damn thing, dispite it being right outside my door.
"I didn't hear it!"
"fuck whatever, its right there going off"
"What? I didn't hear you. It was too loud"

LMAO

As for you dorm, that sucks. When the sprinklers went off were there perchance any girls in white shirts down there? :naughty:

Saffith
08-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Nah, it was in a mostly unused stairway. But there were pajama-clad cute Asian girls outside, so it wasn't all bad.