PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Hidden Duality?

bergner
08-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Was playing HD (the original) and completed level 3 and went on to level 4 (the excavation). Reached the boss of level 4, but was killed just before I was able to slay it. When I chose "Continue" from the menu that appears I started out in something that was supposed to be the boss room (according to the music and the headline on the map). Only about 5-10 tiles were visible and neither of the boss and Link were visible. All I could do was reset the game and loose about two hours of playing time.

ShadowTiger
08-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Oh, so you started out on a layer room? Neat? :) Heh. Did you try saving?

DarkFlameWolf
08-27-2003, 01:53 PM
press f6 next time and hit save. you'll start off in the right location. But its not a bug of the game, but rather a bug of that version of ZC. In the current version (the one that isn't released yet, sadly) that continue bug is fixed.

bergner
08-28-2003, 06:27 AM
Nice to hear that it has been fixed. Is there any special reason to why the map changes when you reach the boss on level 4? The map says "Boss" (among other things). If you die in a boss room the convention is to start at the dungeon entrance and not in the boss room. Did you have anything special in mind when you designed the quest, or will the bug-fix cause you to start from the dungeon entrance (which seems more appropriate)?

DarkFlameWolf
08-28-2003, 04:33 PM
the bug fix makes the quest go according to how I designed it, which is: you'd start off at the entrance of the dungeon.

nyphot
05-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Has anyone else ever encountered this bug? I had a similar experience on ZC 2.10 in the Director's Cut. I had just beaten the Level 4 boss and gotten the book. I think I just stepped on the exit pad and then immediately saved the game.

My save game is now stuck on the book room. Everything is visible, but Link's not on the screen and none of my items are usable (I can get to my inventory). Is there any way to fix this or ought I just restart the game? And more importantly, will this happen on any other level? It's curious that that's the only level where it affected me and that no one else seems to have had this problem...

DarkFlameWolf
05-28-2005, 11:12 AM
um, because all my quests should be played with beta 183. No other betas. Otherwise, you'll run into this problem.

nyphot
05-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh, okay. Disappointing that 2.10 broke things that worked in 1.92, but I guess that's the way things go.

It's still a great quest... One of these days I may download 1.92 beta 183 so I can play this one and others. :)

koopa
05-31-2005, 09:53 AM
i had the same bug in iotw, trashed my save file in the hammer room. also happens apparently in the mirror shield/red mail rooms there.