PDA

View Full Version : Crashes on Both versions!

Monica
08-25-2003, 09:39 PM
I tried my hand at ZC again, after giving up on trying to get it off my list. I got 192 beta 182, both versions.

Windows version refused to open but just gave me the "...has caused an error in..." Prompt. I was advised to make a shortcut but it did the same thing.

So I got the DOS version, opened ZQuest to make that file that it makes, and then opened ZC and it worked great. However when I quit and it tried to go back to Windows I got a blue screen of Death and 3/4 of the screen was black and it gave an illegal operation error so I had to reset.

I have a PIII Dell with WinME, what's wrong? :(

*b*
08-25-2003, 09:49 PM
probably your OS, try windows 98, or XP. I reccomend 98, because ZC is kinda buggy on XP

Monica
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Bleh, I can't, since my dad decided what OS the computers use.

*b*
08-25-2003, 11:08 PM
ah, well then, guess your gonna have to deal with the BSoD. i don't have ME myself, I have XP. try bribing your dad to switch to that

Monica
08-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Hehe, he does, but he's very protective of his personal comp and won't let me d/l anything on it. He HATES when we get BSoDs and says all downloaded programs crash Windows.

Freedom
08-26-2003, 12:11 AM
ever think of getting your own?
probably pick up a used one with 98 for cheap, they're getting old.

GerrardCapashen
08-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Even simpelr than buying a new comp, just buy your own hard disk and install your own OS on it.

If you can find one, try installing one of those hard disk containers, so you can easily switch between your hard disk and your dad's.