PDA

View Full Version : new Half-Life 2 flash movie

Nekui
08-25-2003, 06:38 PM
http://planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

Yes, it seems to be delayed.

AlexMax
08-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Who didn't see this coming? Tell me. Who?

Rainman
08-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Yea, it would have been weirder for them to come out and say that it will come out on time. Practically all big releases are pushed back at some point.

Paradox
08-26-2003, 01:55 AM
I'm definitely the most involved with the HL2 community out of everyone here (i'm even a newsposter at halflife2.net), and I can honestly say that there is no confirmed delay. It was quite humorous to see all the Half-Life 2 fan sites (including ours) making multiple news posts about when the projected release date will be. As far as everyone knows, Valve is continuing to go for their Sept 30 release date, but a "miscommunication" with Vivendi Universal (publisher) has led to an eerie silence by the Valve team. My opinion is that they're not committing to any release date until they're nearly finished. We don't know when that will be. I'll just wait for them to release the SDK (they're releasing the source code approximately a month before they release the game, which means any day now) and see what happens.

Even if it is delayed, remember the original half-life was delayed over a year, so them taking extra time to finish shouldn't be much of a surprise if it is indeed true.
(BTW, that PHL video is a bit old but hilarious - even Gabe Newell, the Valve CEO, thought so.)

Grasshopper
08-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Most developers never have a date. I think they pretty much leave it to the publisher to speculate the release date. Such as Doom 3. id Software has not commented on a firm date, and it was Activision that pushed it back until March. From my understanding of the news postings and such, id still plans to release before Christmas if they can. And only when they get the game as best as possible is when it will be released. I figure that is pretty much what Valve will do. I have a friend involved in mod devlopment for HL2 and I hope he'll tell me when he gets the SDK. I wouldn't be to worried. :)

Paradox
08-26-2003, 10:21 PM
I think they said Doom 3 has been pushed to a 2004 release. id's policy is to release games "when they're done", which I think is good, since nobody will freak out about missed release dates.