PDA

View Full Version : warp rings

Ganonator
08-23-2003, 03:34 PM
With reference to this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?threadid=74985), I think we need to discuss warp rings.

Sure, for the old fashioned way of using warp rings, 8 is a fairly large number. compounded, that equals 64 locations, which can be used various ways. The problem comes up when we use these in rather untraditional ways. For instance, if we want to have a large number of multi-warps in our quests, we have to manipulate the switch using the 8 location warps, and they tend to not work correctly 75% of the time (sending the player to random locations in the queue) of course, there is a multitude of mini-games that can be made with the current system, we need to solidify something different.

All i'm asking for is a way to change the number of warp rings. Such as the way map count is done. In my quest, every screen on one map is pit-linked to the identical screen on the other side. That side is pit-linked back. Because about 25% of the screens have a cave or some other entrance on it, I am severely limited in the number of screens that can have pit-links on them.

Currently, i can only multiwarp 4 sets of screens. 8 if I double it up using some tricky shit.

Two solutions - simply increase the number of warp rings - maybe to some large number; 32 or 64, or let us decide ourselves. i don't think it's going to increase the file size very much.