PDA

View Full Version : All in an hour.

gdorf
08-22-2003, 03:49 PM
I've been awake only one hour, and already today has been horrible. Here are some of the things that have gone wrong in the last hour:

This morning I got up early to take my car to get some parts for the interior. I went outside and started it up fine, so I drove it a few blocks and noticed the rpm meter going crazy. The engine died randomly so I obviously pulled over to check it out. I managed to start the engine again, but it wouldn’t idle at all. I had to keep it constantly revved to keep it going at all. I took a left onto the quickest road I knew how to get home. Unfortunately, this was a poor choice because this road had a giant hill on it. On the way down this hill my engine died and wouldn't start up again. This meant I didn’t have power steering or brakes. Because of this I could barely slow down and narrowly avoided rear-ending someone at the bottom of the hill. I ended up stopping about 5 feet behind the guy. I was soo scared. Oh, and did I mention I've only been driving a clutch for about a month?

After this the ride home was fairly uneventful, although I was a bit shaken up. I opened the hood to find a couple wires against the exhaust manifold melted almost all the way through. The annoying thing about this is, my brother and I built this car from scratch this summer, we did EVERYTHING to it. The only thing we took it to the shop for was for them to run these two wires from the bottom of the engine to the intake manifold as grounds. We didn’t feel like dealing with it and we wanted the assurance these wires would be done correctly. We paid $250 for these two wires, and what did the shop do? Run it around the exhaust!

So, then, I was pretty pissed and I went upstairs. At this time, I really didn't want to mess with the car at all. I just wanted to sit down and read some threads and chill out. I walked into my room and sat down in front of the computer, only to have it restart the moment I click on anything. -_-. I loaded up windows again, and this time noticed that Norton Filesystem Protection was disabled. I enabled it, only to find it disabled again after 5 seconds. I don't know about you, but I think this is a fairly good sign I have a virus.

Anyway, I am worried about the rest of the day if this much can happen in one hour. :eek: Do you ever have days that just suck?

Pablo
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
In my experience, everything balancs out. The day starts good, then ends up sucking. Sometimes my day starts to be absolutely shitty, but something happens to make it all worthwhile.

I don't know if that's true for you, but hey, it can't get much worse, can it?

ShadowTiger
08-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Ooohhh yeah. Let's just say that it involved a bucket. :sweat: On my foot. Which somehow ended up on my head. And then got stuck there. :rolleyes: *cries*