PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #4

Ian
08-21-2003, 09:40 PM
NOTE: I know some of them are a bit big, but it's only so you can see them up closer than you normally would.

Well, there you have it. Good luck to everybody who entered. Enjoy!

(BTW, just a reminder that my vote DOESN'T count. If you vote for yourself, your vote will not count. You can vote for someone else, but NOT yourself. Thank You, now get voting.)

KJAZZ
08-22-2003, 02:08 AM
I would vote for them, but all the swords look a little bit too much like Red Xs. If they could be tweaked so they actually looked sword-like, I would consider voting. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Jonathan
08-22-2003, 03:02 AM
i can see them just fine but why a pink background?

Yoshiman
08-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Becase pink is the best color EVAH!! Actually, it's probably because most people used the NewFirst Pallete to make it.

Ian
08-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Actaully, it doesn't have anything to do with pallette. I always change the background color to pink so it's easier to see the tiles. Imagine trying to see the swords if they all had a dark navy blue background?

KJAZZ, I'm not sure why you can't see them, cause I can, and by the looks of it, a lot of others can too. Try copying and and pasting the URL's into your address bar.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Ian, which program do you use to optimize it in Pink like that? I mean, ... my question wasn't about the pink, but rather, the program that you're using. If it has any transparency options, (That are convenient, I mean.) then please could you share it or something? :) It would be really kind of you. :) Even a slight tipoff as to its location..

Sephiroth
08-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I liked the last sword tiles. I'm thinking of sticking them in my group quest.

Crazy_Link
08-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I like those last group of swords, they r cool ;)

Blankboard
08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
that beam sword rox....

Ganonator
08-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Dispite voting for the beam sword, i might actually use the last set in my quest.

*b*
08-23-2003, 01:03 AM
um, they're all showing up as red Xs to me too :confuse2:

Ian
08-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Ian, which program do you use to optimize it in Pink like that? I mean, ... my question wasn't about the pink, but rather, the program that you're using. If it has any transparency options, (That are convenient, I mean.) then please could you share it or something? :) It would be really kind of you. :) Even a slight tipoff as to its location..

You mean what program do I use to make it pink? Or to make it bigger? I just use MSPaint. Replace the piackground with pidnk, and to make it bigger, I just press the plus button on the right side of my keyboard (right next to the 1-9 number keys) That doesn't have any transparency options, but I do have a very nice program that does.

I use Microsoft GIF animator. It has an awsome transparency option (You say yes, use transparency, and just pick the color out of a pallette made from each frame. Though, you don't need to use it for animating. Usuallly, if I need something transparent in a picture, I put the background color pink, turn the bmp into a gif (I use a program called AnyImage to do this, which converts file extentions on images to whatever you want, like jpegs, bmp, gif, ect.....), and then load it into the gif animator. All I do in the gif animator is turn transparency on, and pick the pink that I used. Once I save it, it's a still picture, but I have the background transparent. If you want, I can make a zip file for you of the programs I use (AnyImage and MS gif Animator, you already have MSpaint)

Sorry if it's confusing. I can PM you on it if you want and explain it a bit better.

Well to stay on topic here:

I'm not sure why some people can see the pictures and others can't. I'm guessing it has to do with Invis Free Anonymizer, because sometimes I get an error saying that it can't get a connection with them, and other times the pics work fine :/

Anyways, this contest looks to be running smothly

Since I doubt anyone is going to get 4 or more votes and beat the last sword, I'll just draw the voting to a close. Thank you to everyone who voted, and entered, and I hope you'll do it again this week.

The last sword tiles were made by BH4! Congrats! If you want a trophy, PM me, and tell me what tile you would like on it.

I'll make the Tile Contest #5 tomorrow morning, when I think of a new idea ;)

ShadowTiger
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
I liked the last sword tiles. I'm thinking of sticking them in my group quest. They were in FoW. FoW is based on the Prophecy set, which you're using, Snort. Lucky you. ;) :saint:

I like those last group of swords, they r cool ;) Thank you. Thank you very much. I won't gloat or anything.

Dispite voting for the beam sword, i might actually use the last set in my quest. Recoloring them will be very difficult. They use a lot of white/blue colors. If you have to, try using the 9th Cset for it, since it's level dependent. Somehow, that could actually work out for the best anyway, because the sword will actually change colors depending on which Palatte you're using. ;) Cool, huh. :naughty:

I use Microsoft GIF animator. OK Ian. :) Thank you very much. I'll Google it, see what I get. I hope it's Free. :sweat:

And thank you all for voting! See you all next contest. :)

Ielen
08-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Congrats bh4!

KJAZZ
08-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Well, I can see them now, but the contest is over, so I don't think it matters. I would have voted for the last option, though. ;P