PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Bros wall/edge jump

Kirby of Doom
08-21-2003, 11:23 AM
It's the one that was in that video posted a while ago. I've searched on google and I can't find it so I was wondering if anyone knows how to do it.

Maverick_Zero
08-21-2003, 11:45 AM
I think what you're talking about is when Mario runs up against the wall. It's ued basically to build up speed so you can jump higher without actually having to run a certain distance. It's used so you don't have to worry about running into enemies while you're getting up speed. At least that's what I've always used it for.

Dart Zaidyer
08-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Actually, (And I've only done this in SMAS) it's possible to jump against a wall in such a way that Mario will get jammed into it a pixel or two and "stand" on it for just a split second before he loses all momentum and falls to the ground. (or his death.) I assume that it's at least possible on the NES to use this as a second jump.

Yoshiman
08-21-2003, 01:34 PM
I could do something like that in SMB2. Sometimes I would jump and miss by a pixel but my character would get stuck on the wall and I could jump again. I never tried it in SMB1, though.

Cloral
08-21-2003, 03:40 PM
I've also done that in SMB2. I forget where, but I'm pretty sure it was against a 'rock' wall.

This bug is probably where the wall jump ability in M64 came from.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think this was in the secret passage in 1-1.

J.J. Maxx
08-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Or perhaps it was that glitch in SMB1 where you manuevered an edge to the far left hand-side of the screen, then walked to it and you could jump 'up' and over the wall... Hard to explain...

I did it on world 1-2. :shrug:

KJAZZ
08-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Are you talking about the Minus World Trick, JJ? I think that's what you mean..

Kry
08-23-2003, 01:41 AM
The wall jump is not a glitch in SSMB2 but I don't think Mario can do it.

Ganonator
08-23-2003, 02:57 PM
on the GBA version of SMB2, all 4 characters can do this trick, and the most notable is Mario in the room with Wart.

As far as the video, not a clue.