PDA

View Full Version : Feature trimming

Dark Nation
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Just wanted to see which features people use the most and which ones can be safely purged in the name of efficiency of code. Please check which features you would be rather upset to lose. (Note: Some options may only be known by the beta testers, so if you see an option that you don't recognize, just ignore it).

Dart Zaidyer
08-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Rather than import a graphics pack, I occasionally like to mix and match things like palettes, tiles, combos, etc so that I don't have to destroy or de-update a pack for whatever reason by just using a complete ZGP. this is ESPECIALLY useful for group ZGPs.

Raichu86
08-21-2003, 07:21 PM
The only ones of those that I don't use are quest templates (and export quest templates), combo brush, floating brush, and revert. I can't seem to think of what revert is, but if it's undo, count an extra vote for that. I'd not be able to live without it. :p

Cronic
08-21-2003, 07:34 PM
You'll no doubt be able to see my selections... I like to keep it simple, but exporting is always a plus!

Ganonator
08-21-2003, 08:08 PM
make sure you have the exporting of Door Combo Sets included sometime. It makes transporting a quest shitty.

C-Dawg
08-21-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm still all for jettisoning door sets altogether. Dungeon Dmaps are so unneccessary...

-C

commandr
08-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Mouse Combo Scrolling is the thing I would most hate to lose personally, because I depend on using the mouse as much as possible.

Of the things I checked, importing/exporting an unencoded quest is something I haven't used yet, but I can see myself using it in the future so I rather that not go either.

Revert could be extremely useful if it reloads the quest from the last saved version. However, I'd be willing to let it go in exchange for a multi-level undo/redo.

Jigglysaint
08-21-2003, 11:58 PM
I guess all these features are what keeps us from that 1337 item editor.

Hmm, I forgot we had revert. Dang!

Praethus
08-22-2003, 01:12 AM
I use Mouse Scroll, and I use most of the Export/Imports.

KJAZZ
08-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Mouse Scroll doesn't work for me (last I checked.)

And I use Quest Templates more often than Graphics Packs. They're smaller in filesize.

What DOES Revert do, anyway?

Demimore
08-22-2003, 05:56 AM
Everything that has something to do with tiles/colors.

I don't use combo brush/floating, I don't even know what that is.

Blonde799
08-22-2003, 06:37 AM
186 Alpha:
2. Added a revert command to the file menu. Basically, it's the same and re-opening the same file you are currently working on without saving. Asks for confirmation. Keeps you from having to locate the filename again.

In English: It's a very quick way to reload your last quest save in ZQuest(the quest you currently edit). Obviously, all your current changes have to be erased.

Questwizard88
08-22-2003, 07:00 PM
The only things i would still want in are zgp import/export, mouse scroll, reload last, and the cset fix.. i wiouldnt mind not having the other stuff on the list at all cause i dont use it much or at all.

Yoshiman
08-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, what does "floating brush" mean? I turned it on before, but I didn't notice a difference.

Raichu86
08-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
186 Alpha:
2. Added a revert command to the file menu. Basically, it's the same and re-opening the same file you are currently working on without saving. Asks for confirmation. Keeps you from having to locate the filename again.

In English: It's a very quick way to reload your last quest save in ZQuest(the quest you currently edit). Obviously, all your current changes have to be erased.
Oh yes, now I remember. I've never used that feature... if I wanna revert, what's so hard about just reopening it? I'm pretty sure the quest you already have opened is stored in the selection at the top, so all you'd have to do is click OK and viola, reopened.

Dart Zaidyer
08-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Even though the new features pretty much make the "Dungeon" DMap type completely obsolete, it should probably be kept in for compatibility purposes.