PDA

View Full Version : Farscape

Starkist
08-20-2003, 03:06 AM
It's over. Over the course of the last month I watched all 88 episodes of this wonderful program. Much thanks to Breaker for introducing me to the show.

Now it's over. For the sake of those who are just starting I won't spoil it, but I'll say that it's the one of the greatest literary journeys I've undertaken. By the time you watch the end credits of episode 4x22, after having seen all the adventures these people go through, seeing them changing from a group forced together against their will to a true family....

/me sighs

Save Farscape (http://www.savefarscape.com) indeed.

MasterSwordUltima
08-20-2003, 03:18 AM
In the wise words of Masamune...SCREW FARSCAPE ;)
I've never seen any episodes, and have no clue what goes on in the world of Farscape...but I'm sad its over for you guys.

Pablo
08-20-2003, 03:29 AM
I hope you had fun with it. I bet it is a great series, but y'know what? I don't have time for another obsession...

Gerudo
08-20-2003, 04:22 AM
farscape sucks... j/k

im not goin down that road anymore, ive seen a couple random eps to say it doesnt suck, but it aint grand (not my cup of tea, anyways)

oooh, post 2800. yay

Dart Zaidyer
08-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Farscape was quality Sci-Fi, in spite of the drunken camera work and the occasional "insanity" episode.

It was struck down on a cliffhanger and replaced with such shows as "Scare Tactics" and "Tremors: The Series."

Pandering to the lowest possible denominator never hit so low.

Fiyerstorm
08-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I saw the last 3 episodes of it, it was alright. I could of started watching them now but I'm being deprived. :p

Overall, it looks like a good show and the Aeryn chick is hawt.

Foxy
08-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Well of course you wouldn't like a show that you hadn't seen from the beginning, that you didn't know what the characters were all about or know the history! Sheesh. :tongue:

I must admit, the first couple of episodes I watched I wasn't too thrilled about. However, I kept an open mind and continued watching...and by the fourth episode, I was completely hooked.

Sorry you're done, Starkist....I guess now we'll just have to find a new show to watch all the way through?? ;)

Jemsee
08-20-2003, 12:42 PM
It was the Sci-Fi channels best and longest series yet.(IMO)
They have a bunch of original films under there belt but none ever last, even if they are good.
Sci-fi is famous for starting and then canceling good shows.

Mitsukara
08-20-2003, 01:17 PM
I watched most of Farscape when they were airing them new, but I haven't really seen many reruns... I did like it, though I had some trouble following it (it was 4 years after all:P I was about 10 when it started, I think)... I would really like to go back and rewatch it, but I've been kinda wrapped up in other things and haven't looked into when they show reruns.

Anyway, though, it was a very good show on the whole, even though I didn't really appreciate it at first (I was retarded when I was 11... feel free to quote me on that)... very good acting, interesting, involved storyline, interesting characters, and to boot some darned good special effects, too (not that that's all that important, but they do deserve special recognition in Farscape's case). I must admit that if you don't stick to it like glue, the storyline can get a little confusing, but that's not really a bad thing most of the time.

On the whole, I remember it being a very good, high-quality show that does indeed deserve special recognition. It really sucks that they cancelled it (I did like Tremors: The Series, actually, but by no means am I glad that they "replaced" Farscape with it), and I really hope they get to wrap it up properly somehow...

Sci-fi is famous for starting and then canceling good shows.
Sci Fi seems to be big on cancelling all their shows... Tremors: The Series is already "over" after only 13 episodes. At least when they cancelled The Invisible Man (I assume they cancelled it and it wasn't planned to only go on two years) they did it enough in advance to properly wrap up the series... speaking of which, I really wish they'd show some $#@! reruns of that show, it was great...

MrCow
08-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
It was the Sci-Fi channels best and longest series yet.(IMO)

... best Yes, Longest not even close

Breaker
08-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MrCow

... best Yes, Longest not even close

Farscape was their longest running original series... -_-

Maverick_Zero
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
But I thought Stargate SG-1 has something like 5 seasons already, and it's still going. Even though in my opinion it sucks.

Farscape, of the episodes I've seen I liked. Although I've only seen something like 4-5 episodes I liked what I saw, and I'm downloading some of the earlier ones right now.

Breaker
08-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
But I thought Stargate SG-1 has something like 5 seasons already, and it's still going. Even though in my opinion it sucks.

Farscape, of the episodes I've seen I liked. Although I've only seen something like 4-5 episodes I liked what I saw, and I'm downloading some of the earlier ones right now.

You do know what an "original series" is, right? Stargate SG1 was purchased just recently by Scifi and confirmed for two seasons. (7 & 8, plus a spinoff)

Mitsukara
08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Stargate SG-1 has something like 5 seasons already
They're currently showing the 7th season, and I think they're planning to do an 8th... though without Richard Dean Anderson in the lead... (I kind of liked the end-the-show-with-the-7th-season-and-make-a-movie plan, but that doesn't seem to be what they're doing anymore). However, only the 6th and 7th seasons have originally aired on Sci Fi, the first five were on Showtime (even though Sci Fi is showing reruns of them)... so technically, I don't know how it works, but Farscape might be considered longer for Sci Fi's purposes since it was a Sci Fi-original series.*shrug*

MrCow
08-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Breaker

Farscape was their longest running original series... -_-

I was thinking of red dwarf, But i guess that must not have been an original series

Breaker
08-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Longest running show on SCIFI is Farscape. It's not difficult. Farscape aired on Scifi for 4 years, Stargate SG-1 has only been on for two. 4 > 2

Originally posted by MrCow
I was thinking of red dwarf, But i guess that must not have been an original series

Red Dwarf has never aired on SCIFI. Only on BBC1/BBC2 and BBCAmerica.