PDA

View Full Version : Snesstation

Draconis
08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I have heard of something called 'SNESSTATION' that allows you to burn play SNES roms on a PS2.

I am wondering if anyone has seen/used it and does it mess with the PS2 (breaks it). Any info is welcome.

Thanx.

Bloodstar64
08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Draconis
I have heard of something called 'SNESSTATION' that allows you to burn play SNES roms on a PS2.

I am wondering if anyone has seen/used it and does it mess with the PS2 (breaks it). Any info is welcome.

Thanx.

I've seen it. You make a burned cd with the software and put the roms you want on it. You will need a modchip/bootdisk to use it tho.

Maverick_Zero
08-19-2003, 11:26 PM
You could do that with a DC. There is some dcemulation site out there. I never tried it though. It has several different systems, not just SNES, so I figure someone did it for the other systems as well, cept' for probably GCN since they're on GCN.

Cloral
08-20-2003, 01:48 AM
I still don't see what the point of this is, since SNES emulation works perfectly on the computer. :shrug:

MasterSwordUltima
08-20-2003, 02:00 AM
Ooooooh, I wouldn't mind burning some roms onto a disc for my PS2. Mmmm...

gdorf
08-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I still don't see what the point of this is, since SNES emulation works perfectly on the computer.

Personally, I think it is a whole different feel sitting in front of a tv set with a controller. It is much more nostalgic and enjoyable when I play mario downstairs on my nes then up in my room on a computer.

Draconis
08-20-2003, 02:03 PM
But.. does anyone know if it screws up your PS2 if you use it?

I am referring to something similar to if you use a non-standard controller, and then the normal PS2 controller won't work.

MottZilla
08-20-2003, 02:45 PM
All non licensed software with the exception of Datel (Action Replay) require an alternative boot method. For PS2, last I heard there were NO non-soldering methods. Even the "usb mod" required you solder 1 wire. Not to mention you also had to boot with AR.

Unless you are serious about spending some money on a mod, forget it. If I had a PS2 you can bet it'd be modded. ;) The only Next-gen system I have though is GCN.

Anyways, if you wanna play your l337 S|\|3Z R0|\/|Z on da TV, which I'm sure is the whole angle, forget about it. Buy a good controller for your PC and a video card with TV out. You could probably use the better video card, and TV out would work for any PC game/program.

Although you may end up spending more on the video card, consider if you fuck up your PS2 when installing a mod chip you add 180$ to what you could have spent on a video card.

stormwatcheagle
08-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Well, I'm thinking you could put the SNES ROM onto a GBA Flash cartrige and play in via the gameboy expansion for a Gamecube, that is, if you can put SNES games on a flash cartrige, but i'm shure it's possible. I play my NES games this way.

J.J. Maxx
08-20-2003, 09:11 PM
SOLDERING=BAD MOJO

;) :thumbsup:

Cloral
08-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Well, I have an 18' flat panel monitor and a good mock-PSX controller, so playing on the computer is just as good as playing on my tv. Also, this means that I can take all my games with me when I go back to school without using up room space with a tv (and those of you who are in college or university know what a tight commodity room space is!)

MottZilla
08-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Storm, no. You are talking about the GBA NES emulator called PocketNES more than likely. This is actually an emulator running the roms. The GBA is a poor system when it actually comes to something as intense as emulating another system. You will NEVER see full speed emulation of SNES on GBA.

Anyways.