PDA

View Full Version : Vile Diety's Thread 1

Vile Diety
08-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Did you miss me?

or perhaps the question should be, do you remember me?

well I'm back for some more long posts, This thread is meant to be carried for some time, the "theme" is new games coming out, anything you see in PSM or Gaming Monthly that tickles your fancy I want to hear about it... no seriously

Even if it's something that's out already, but was released just recently I'd still like to hear it.

I guess I'll post an example.

Anyone looking foward to Soul Calibur 2

The graphics look amazing

( though most games have been getting that compliment lately )

The three different versions is also a neat idea...

well... not really because I'll probably just get the Game Cube version.

Blonde799
08-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Yeah. Link is teh baddest!:D I look forward to RPG Maker 2 for the PS2. The best legal maker since the first one.:)

Vile Diety
08-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Yes, Link is rather awesome, thanks for posting...

I didn't even know they were making another console based RPG Maker, have any features pending on the game been released?

Blonde799
08-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Using the power of the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system to back this truly unique title, RPG MAKER 2 offers everything players could need to bring their own fantasy game worlds to life. Players can build original worlds from scratch using a variety of 3D tools that include: a character editor, map creation tools, visual FX editor, script editor, and monster animation. By providing fully rendered 3D models for all the characters, monsters, backgrounds, and items, RPG Maker 2 lets the players have the freedom to write their own stories and use RPG MAKER 2 to make them come to life. No other title in the history of video games has ever provided this much incentive for gamers to use every ounce of their creativity! This is the closest most gamers will get to a full Development Kit for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in their lives.

"RPG MAKER 2 is a blank palette only limited by the creativity of the gamer,” said Hide Irie, President of Agetec, Inc. "Every conceivable tool gamers will need to create the RPG of their dreams is included."

Highlighted RPG MAKER 2 features include:

Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Modes – for budding game designers or seasoned pros!

Total Player Control – they write the story, design the levels, select the characters, and literally set the stage for adventure! With over 200 characters and enemies, more than 250 objects, and an infinite number of Magic/Skill abilities, weapons, equipment, and items to create; the possibilities are endless!

In-game Help Feature – anytime a player requires explanations regarding the creation process, they can simply press the START button to ask the in-game Helper Characters.

Ready-for-Play RPG – a sample game is included, created by members of the Dragon Warrior™ production staff using the RPG MAKER 2 construction software; showing players examples of what can be done with the RPG MAKER 2 technology!

Keyboard Compatible – since the PlayStation®2 is USB port compatible, there are a number of keyboard accessories available for the players to hook up making scripting infinitely easier.

Import Digital Camera Images – Sony Picture Paradise™ is a middleware product that enables the player to download their digital pictures into RPG MAKER 2 so they may use them in their game.

Full Camera Control – a fully functional camera system allows the player to direct dramatic cinema-style events and multiple perspective battles.

Real-time Environment Effects – add that extra touch of realism with customizable real-time weather and time-of-day effects.

Exceptional Sounds – add sound effects, environmental, and background music to set the mood of the adventure.

3D Map Creation – design and build entire continents using a wide variety of terrains and texturing tools!

Building / Dungeon Editor – allows players to create buildings and dungeons brick-by-brick or with pre-made walls and textures!

8MB of Storage – compared to the original RPG Maker, more than sixty times the amount of game data can now be stored on a single Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2). This allows ambitious game makers an unbelievable amount of room to create games to their hearts’ content.

And I hear that the sample game is over 6 hours long!:ooh:

mike5000
08-20-2003, 02:43 AM
in the latest PSM, i couldnt help but notice the section about SmackDown 5 and It sounds sweet.. Silent Hill 3 is also looking Kick ass.. Of course Metal Gear Solid 3 will blow all games away!!111

Pablo
08-20-2003, 03:34 AM
Can't wait for Metal Gear Solid 3, of course. But I'm also looking forward to Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword. I'm already addicted to RS3: Raven Shield, and of course the expansion pack is just going to make the game that much better.

For more info on Raven Shield and the expansion pack, check http://www.raven-shield.com

..yes, I'm a fanboy...but this game is sooo much better than other FPSes out there.

EWild
08-20-2003, 10:49 AM
F-Zero GX. 6 days. Better not be held back even one day, I can't wait. :drool:

Maverick_Zero
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Champions of Norrath, but I have to stay away from EQ, can't go back to it, it keeps sucking me back in.

And I don't get how you can be back if you've only been her for around two month. :shrug: Eh doesn't matter.