PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Testing to disband

Cronic
08-19-2003, 05:26 PM
As many of you may know Glenn has ousted me from ZCN...

Seeing as how Neither Kyle nor Glenn are so much as even testers, and what with their trustability proven it would be an insult for me to continue a program that if I follow correctly was more or less a favor to me and my at the time organazation to help us grow... Now that something evil has grown I ask that DN put a nail in the coffin for me.

However now that ZCN backing is less than savory there's no need to worry. Shadowblazer and I have contacted one another, and will see what we can do to start offering more services... The point is to insure that these resources are not in the hands of fools.

DN if you have any concerns regarding this please contact me, but if I understand correctly this is my place, and what I feel is right.

Blonde799
08-20-2003, 08:50 PM
I think that's a good idea.:) Might as well make the best use of one site, instead of two.

Cronic
08-20-2003, 11:05 PM
the overall issue here is trust, and seeing as how the site is now staffed by people who don't even use ZC it's very much for the best.

Don't worry though... If anything is needed it will be supplied.

Cloral
08-20-2003, 11:16 PM
So does this mean that there will be more activity over here again?

DarkFlameWolf
08-21-2003, 01:04 AM
didn't notice much activity going on at either place. I wish there was some more beta/alpha activity somewhere though!

Cronic
08-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Indeed.

Last i heard DN was working on the Mac port, and unfortunatly there aren't many testers... aside from him and myself no one I can think of even has a mac.

We'll see what happens though...

As for beta activity there's nothing stopping you guys from crawling through the most recent beta just incase something was missed ;)

Edit- DN apparently tried Pm'ing me earlier this evening which if anything confirms he is indeed still alive and no doubt toiling over ZC :)

Dark Nation
08-21-2003, 07:41 AM
I'm not actively persuing a Mac port; I'm just doing some code optimizations that will, as a side effect, allow a Mac port to be done.

Blonde799
08-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
As for beta activity there's nothing stopping you guys from crawling through the most recent beta just incase something was missed ;)
Well, haven't found much, except maybe an issue regarding any BGM not playing at all on 187(plays fine on earlier betas/alphas).:shrug: I'm trying to exhaust all avenues before reporting it as a bug/whatever, but being at the chair is killing me.

KJAZZ
08-22-2003, 02:11 AM
Good. I hardly ever check out ZCN anymore, and this forum could use some more activity..

I never downloaded the Alphas, anyway. ;)

Cronic
08-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Ok... Now that this is done I'd like nothing more than to just forget it all ;)

however should there be any further questions feel free to pm me.