PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon for Game Cube

lucky_me9
08-19-2003, 01:07 PM
I heard that Harvest Moon for Game Cube is coming out shortly. Anyone else waiting on pins and needles for this to come out?

theplustwo
08-19-2003, 01:22 PM
yeah, but it would require getting a 'cube, which is a big hurdle to make. but i'm sure i can do it somehow. maybe just rent one though. i'd have to get a job first. (dang economy)

but also, friends of mineral town looks pretty sweet (the gba one) plus that way you can just pick it up and play it whenever you feel. which is kindof fitting to the harvest moon games.

lucky_me9
08-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah, the only thing about gba harvest moon is the lesser amount of "stuff" you can do. Hopefully they'll make it better, but the gbc versions seemed kind of boring.

theplustwo
08-19-2003, 01:30 PM
yeah, it looks alot closer to the n64 game, in graphical style at least. there looks like a lot of new events and stuff too, like dogfighting or something i think.

also, gamecube - gameboy advance connectivity ^_^

according to the ign pocket website, the gameboy game is actually done, but natsume is waiting until the gamecube game is done too, to release them simultaneously. october is the month, i guess :P

lucky_me9
08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Sweet, my birthday month.

theplustwo
08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
heh heh *rubs palms* maybe i can score some fat birthday preasent cash for it (for you i mean)

Daarkseid
08-19-2003, 05:54 PM
From what I understand, Friends of Mineral Town is more of a GBA port of Back to Nature than HM64, with the 3D graphics being traded in more feasible 2D graphics. For one, the character portraits in FoMT more resemble the well articulated ones found in BTN, and not the, I guess cuter, ones found in HM64. There is also the fact the town in HM64 is Flower Bud Village while the town in BTN is called Mineral Town.

And A Wonderful Life is supposedly going to be the god of Harvest Moon games, with a single game being able to span 30 years, in which people actually grow old along with your own character. If you have any children in that period of time, they as well will grow older.

I'm definitely going to be picking up both Friends of Mineral Town and A Wonderful Life.

Rijuhn
08-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I can't wait for Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life, to come out for GameCube. I'm definately going to pre-order it at EB Games soon, that and F-Zero GC (is that the proper title?)

theplustwo
08-22-2003, 02:37 PM
yeah, i liked the playstation portraits better. and the people in the n64 game (the actual people, not their pictures) look like plastic dolls, which always bugged me. I prefer 3 quarter angle 2d graphics than 3 quarter angle 3d anyhow, the 2d sprites just have more of a sense of artwork too them. :shrug: