PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!?!?!

blew_flame
08-18-2003, 10:39 PM
alright, my comp at my moms house is completely F***ed..., at first i thought it was blaster... but i dont think it isd now... first i would get this pop up that said "windows will close in 60 seconds due to the termination of "whatever" program. now... windows wont even load... not evevn the back up... what do i do... and as you can guess... im using XP.... please help

Jemsee
08-18-2003, 10:51 PM
When it starts up press F8.
That should take you to a screen where you can choose what to do next.
Select "Load last configuration that worked" and see if that does not do the trick.

Also from that screen you can go into "Safe Mode" and mess around if you know what you are doing.

Flash Man
08-18-2003, 10:57 PM
When you see the window that gives you 60 seconds go start/run then type shutdown -a
Get the proper fixes from Microsoft, could be blaster could be crappy XP flaw that i've seen but never experienced.

Verman
08-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Go download patch MS03-026 and install it.

Sounds like your just having that security flaw everyone else has been getting dinged with.

blew_flame
08-19-2003, 08:58 PM
the thing is, window will not load... not under safe mode, not under last config that worked. nothing.. i could try the patch but how do i install it if windows wont load?

Jemsee
08-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Personaly I have not had that much exp. with XP yet.
If it were me I would try to reinstall it, and if that did not work call tek support or some one you know personaly that can come over to your house or at least talk to on the phone.
Wish I could tell you more but with the "Last good config" not working I would say you are right, your PC is fried.
If that is the case reformat and reinstall.

goKi
08-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by blew_flame
the thing is, window will not load... not under safe mode, not under last config that worked. nothing.. i could try the patch but how do i install it if windows wont load?

Similar thing happened to me not long ago.. repairing my Windows installation fixed the problem. just boot from the Windows XP cd and hit repair.