PDA

View Full Version : The REAL cause of the blackout: Al Queda?

Starkist
08-18-2003, 08:03 PM
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html

Hehe, I'm sure they're just trying to claim credit in order to boost morale or whatever, but still... ya never know.

Foxy
08-18-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't know if that's really what happened, but I DO know that it seemed a little fishy that they were claiming to not have any idea what happened for awhile, and then they claimed that something as lame as it was because of all the air-conditioners being used because it was so hot that day.

Which is bull, because it had been waaaay hotter than that a few weeks before, and nothing like that happened then.

Maverick_Zero
08-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I kinda bought the lightning excuse, but I don't think people well ever know what really happened for awhile.

carrot red
08-18-2003, 08:29 PM
That's total bull.

They wouldn't invest themselves in a blackout. Their aim is to kill and hurt as many of us as possible.

Blonde799
08-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I don't think that stupid group is the cause, although I bet they were watching for recon reasons.

In the future, they could exploit the power systems' possible flaws, and as carrot red put it, "kill and hurt as many of us as possible", in darkness. Then, they'd be labeled as cowards that couldn't attack in broad daylight.

Dart Zaidyer
08-18-2003, 10:48 PM
I think the likeliest excuse is the one that nobody's reporting: Solar burst.
It's been known that a good size solar flare or sudden burst in solar radiation will bounce out a power grid here and there.

On the same day I believe I heard NASA issued a warning that one of those things would happen, along with various reports of a hyper-expanding sunspot too.

Gerudo
08-19-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Blonde799
I don't think that stupid group is the cause, although I bet they were watching for recon reasons.

In the future, they could exploit the power systems' possible flaws, and as carrot red put it, "kill and hurt as many of us as possible", in darkness. Then, they'd be labeled as cowards that couldn't attack in broad daylight. yknow, the media reports stuff, and there are idiots that believe every word the media says...

for all anyone knows, it could be a ploy by the gov't to enrage people, then in turn those people will join the military...

goarmy.com

yay

Blonde799
08-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
yknow, the media reports stuff, and there are idiots that believe every word the media says...

Actually, I never heard of such on the news(they mostly report boring stuff, and I stopped watching after I knew what happened in terms of the power). Speculation is my excuse, so please, stop trying to indirectly insult someone, as anything is possible. No, I'm not saying that Al whatever was behind any of this. But, you can't rule out terrorist activities using such a plan in the future.

Gerudo
08-19-2003, 03:31 AM
indirectly insult? wtf...

i dont fucking care about al queda or whatever, im stating my opinions, and i really dont give a shit about the world today, its all shit, and it will be all flushed down the toilet soon enough...

now, if you have anything further to say, refer to the image in my sig... mmk? mmk.

Nemo
08-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Now, Now, Dont be hateful.... as for insult... I dont see insult the only thing i see is just what was said... Everyone believing what they see or at least the worst... Now most of us that can understand the internet and message boards dont have that low of an intelligence... More truth will come out and frankly until that day ... Why worry... We all know we still have the resources and Military to KIK TOTAL @$$!!!

MasterSwordUltima
08-19-2003, 07:46 AM
So? Humans are nosey little buggers, you can't stop them from wanting to know. You just can't!

Breaker
08-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo

for all anyone knows, it could be a ploy by the gov't to enrage people, then in turn those people will join the military...

goarmy.com

yay

Right, because the current average of those enlisting is so incredibly low that they're going to do anything to get people in. It's one thing not to care, but to just start throwing around ignorant assumptions is another.

fatcatfan
08-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by carrot red
They wouldn't invest themselves in a blackout. Their aim is to kill and hurt as many of us as possible.

I think this is the most compelling reason to not believe that Al Queda or any other militant Muslem terrorist group was behind the outages. They want to kill us, and sacrifice themselves in the process.

Jigglysaint
08-19-2003, 04:41 PM
I think this was a ploy from God to get us off the internet and talk to our families for a change....

Well, we DO spend too much time online.

Gerudo
08-19-2003, 08:41 PM
speak for yourself, Jiggly...

Originally posted by Breaker
It's one thing not to care, but to just start throwing around ignorant assumptions is another. i aim to please :heart: