PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to multiwarp?

CJC
08-18-2003, 07:13 PM
I've just recently figured out how to do it. So I was just curious how many other people had found ways to multiwarp. (Place more than one tilewarp on a screen that lead to separate places.)

Sephiroth
08-18-2003, 10:50 PM
:confuse2: I heed help with that myself :confuse2:

Petoe
08-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Oh, I've used multiwarping a looong time already...

xorxif
08-19-2003, 12:34 AM
I wasn't even aware that it was possible to warp to more than one area from a single screen... (though I might think that the "TAKE ANY ROAD YOU WANT" screen might be a model, now that I actually thought about it a bit...)

Are there more elaborate (or easier) ways to do it? Anyone care to explain?

Cloral
08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48575

As you can see from my second post in the above topic, I invented the technique about 11/2 years ago. It also has a full explination on how to do it.

CJC
08-20-2003, 01:28 PM
I've also come up with a multiwarp technique just recently.

It uses a combination of stairwarps, pitwarps, and sidewarps with a loading screen to get the players where they need to be.

You can download my experiment here (http://www.freewebs.com/cjc7988/index.htm)

You can check it out for yourself, and if you have questions, just PM me.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2003, 05:39 PM
I've got to hand it to you. This is a really good method. Besides the waiting, there are virtually no errors in this. It takes time and effort, (And a little bit of waiting for the player.) but this is a really solid method. :)

No offense, Cloral. I just haven't tried your method yet, is all. I'll get to it right away.

zerox
08-21-2003, 10:49 AM
cloral,
i tried to do the multi warp the way it says in your link i just don't understand.

i was wandering if someone could explain it cus i am stumped o and can it be done without side warps?

zerox
08-21-2003, 11:01 AM
cloral,
i tried to do the multi warp the way it says in your link i just don't understand.

i was wandering if someone could explain it cus i am stumped o and can it be done without side warps?

C-Dawg
08-21-2003, 02:58 PM
I imagine that people have somehow missed the multiple threads on multiwarps in the past just like they've missed the threads on combo animation. We really need an up-front guide to Advanced ZQ tricks. As is, the techniques seem to fall out of use and then be re-discovered again. Cloral's technique was around two years back, and the sidewarp trick cjc mentioned has been known for at least a year. (Though, as far as I know, only Sabotage Dragoon makes use of it.)

-C

StarFox
08-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Nah, there are plenty of people who have made use of the sidewarp method of multiwarps. I have been using them for quite some time (well before you announced Sabotage Dragoon) and I know that others have been using it before me. It has many great uses other than simply making a screen more interesting, and definately has great potential when people find unique ways of using it.

C-Dawg
08-21-2003, 08:22 PM
StarFox, what quest were you using these in? I havn't seen any quests using interesting techniques like that at all. Well, Mystic Land does some tricky stuff with continue points, but you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure BH4 tries to do this sort of thing too, but I havn't seen anything from him yet.

-C

Ganonator
08-21-2003, 08:28 PM
I used it a minimal amount in some of the old J:R's i was hacking around.. the only current quest i have played was Jman's Royal Heart...

ShadowTiger
08-22-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure BH4 tries to do this sort of thing too, but I havn't seen anything from him yet. Oh, thank you for remembering me, C. Kind of you. Blade of Ages has a Bed which Link can sleep in. On that same screen, Link can go downstairs, and sleep. But it's nothing compared to what you guys do. Jman also had some kick@$$ stuff in Royal Hearts like that too.

Perhaps if we had a really good guide to the advanced ZC Tricks up there, not just the additions to the tuturial, and the amazing myriad of pinned threads up there, we can have hoards of people flocking to it.

StarFox
08-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
StarFox, what quest were you using these in? I havn't seen any quests using interesting techniques like that at all. Well, Mystic Land does some tricky stuff with continue points, but you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure BH4 tries to do this sort of thing too, but I havn't seen anything from him yet.

-C

The reason you haven't seen anything from me is because I haven't released anything yet. I don't see the point in telling about all the features I'm using. If I did, I would simply get criticism and become another one of these people who give plans about their quests without being able to back it up. So I've basically kept very quiet about the whole thing. In fact, I believe I've only shown one or two screenshots to the public.

As for others who used it, surely you remember that Days of Eternity used this trick quite a bit. All of Nick's more recent quests have been using these types of tricks all over the place. As for my own quest... I've been keeping it under wraps for some time. But rest assured that it will not only be using hard-to-use techniques, but also using them in new and interesting ways that haven't really been seen before in a quest. I want every aspect of my quest to be in the best condition possible. That means I've created a brand new tileset and that I'm willing to spend a large portion of time dedicated to adding new tricks and features as well as adding an unparalleled fluidity and animation to cutscenes.

I often see people sharing new ideas for techniques that they have discovered (not quite so much as there used to be, but I do still see it). But I don't know how many people have actually been *using* these techniques in their quests. It seems many people simply like to theorize about newer ideas without actually using them (which is quite fine).

I haven't tried any of BH4's quests. However, I've heard very good things. I've just been trying to focus on working on my own. I need to pick up a copy of BH4's latest quest and see what exactly he's capable of. ;)