PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When We Get Too Many Screen Flags.

ShadowTiger
08-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I know it's quite a bit off, but what do you think we should do when the screen flags start to pile up? Should we start a vertical scroll bar, a horizontal one, Or those two "page" buttons like we have in the init data box?

KJAZZ
08-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Page Buttons. They've worked before, and they would work fine here. :D

ShadowTiger
08-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Remember, most of us do this stuff pretty quickly, on a regular routine. We'll have to implement whichever scrolling method which would work the fastest. Efficiency EQUALS fastest in this case, so fastest would be the greatest wording for it. If we could use the arrow keys as a cursor for the checkboxes, and the Shift+up&down keys for scrolling, (Or left&right, for whatever it'll be.) that would be quite fast, wouldn't you think?

CJC
08-18-2003, 07:19 PM
I was thinking a vertical scrollbar, like the help menu. That way you can zoom quickly to the spot you need to go to.

idontknow
08-19-2003, 08:05 PM
page button--it goes along with the style of other stuff (like the initial data menu & the quest rules menu) and it would just be more convenient, & possibly easier on the eyes--i say just keep the same menu, size & all and if we have enough screen flags & such for the screen data menu, then when the time comes, add a page 2.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Well, I will agree with you on the easy on the eyes thing. AND, if the pageUp and PageDown buttons would work with the pages, THAT would be very handy, and then, I would certainly agree with the page buttons. Then, everything would be constant in terms of placement, so it would be easy to locate them and give 'em a little click quickly, making it easier on everyone.

commandr
08-22-2003, 12:15 AM
I can't wait to see this new version where there are so many screen flags you can't fit them on a single page anymore. There must be a lot of new ones!

I said page buttons, just because that is the way things have been done so far with Quest Rules, Init Data, etc. but speed and ease of use should be taken into account.

Jigglysaint
08-22-2003, 12:23 AM
You forgot the obvious, Dark Nation will NEVEr add another screen flag!

Demimore
08-22-2003, 08:48 AM
I hate screen flags, and there should be no scrolling. It should be higher resolution with smaller text. That's what I think.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Well then what would we do without screen flags? :odd:

Ganonator
08-23-2003, 12:23 AM
http://members.fortunecity.com/ganonator1/a186.gif
(nam)

This is from a186. Maybe just squash all of that over. I hope we never encounter more than 40 screen flags. For those who like to count, in the latest alpha, we have 20.