Are You Ready For A Few Laughs?

http://www.comics.com/wash/pcnpixel/archive/images/pcnpixel2003261340717.gif

:rofl:

Starkist
08-17-2003, 06:23 PM
That's great... :laughing:

Foxy
08-17-2003, 06:29 PM
They are gettin' a little crazy with those shows...

...but hey...some of them ARE pretty great... *lol*

Maverick_Zero
08-17-2003, 06:38 PM
LOL

And yeah, I'm still waiting for that Handicap House on Comedy Central. That's real right.

j/k

Rafnul
08-17-2003, 09:06 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a reality show with a primary selling point other than the crossing of moral boundaries.

AlexMax
08-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I half expected to see an albino guy with glasses, a buzz cut and a computer viewing AGN on the TV.

:shrug:

Mitsukara
08-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Heh... that is kinda funny. What strip is that, anyway, out of curiousity? From the quality/stuff written on the sides it looks like it's been scanned from a newspaper...

There should be a reality show where they give some smart guy a bunch of guns and transport him, blindfolded, into some big factory-esque complex they built for this show/purchased/borrowed from somewhere else, and they should make all these big robots, and the robots come at him with giant swords while he tries to escape the complex. The robots would adapt and learn from him, and begin finding new ways to ambush him. If the guy won he would win $20 and get to keep the smallest, crappiest gun they gave him and not get to keep any of the ammo from it (if he still had some left), and if the guy lost, well, he'd be dead. That would be a great show.

KJAZZ
08-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Heh, funny. Never seen that comic strip before..

And Jennifer, I totally agree. They really should make a show like that. :D The sad thing is, people would actually want to be on it.. ;P

Blonde799
08-18-2003, 02:03 AM
$20? I'd want 200 times that much.:D

Ich
08-18-2003, 02:23 AM
You'd risk death for $4000? Have I got a deal for you...

Someone's idea when it came to the Death Penalty and reality TV was create a "Deathmatch" arena and equip everyone with lots of cameras. Winners receive freedom, and the losers, well, lose. I'd watch it.

Blonde799
08-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Heh. Unreal Tournament on TV!(besides G4's arena of course):D

carrot red
08-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer
Heh... that is kinda funny. What strip is that, anyway, out of curiousity? From the quality/stuff written on the sides it looks like it's been scanned from a newspaper...

Originally posted by KJAZZ
Heh, funny. Never seen that comic strip before...

No, it has not been scanned.

This is the source. (http://www.comics.com/)

Mitsukara
08-18-2003, 02:34 PM
$20? I'd want 200 times that much.:D
That was the point... "Yay, you survived certain death and defeated an evil robot army. Here's $20. Now go away."

Oh, you didn't scan it... still, it looks like it might be from a newspaper... I'm pretty sure Frank and Earnest (which is listed on that page) is printed, because I remember seeing it in newspapers a few years ago (unless it's something else I'm thinking of).

theplustwo
08-18-2003, 05:55 PM
a long time ago, Dave Barry wrote that there should be a show called 'Eat Bugs for Money' which would go like this:

Contestant One: "I'd eat that bug for $50"

Contestant Two: "I'd eat that bug for $25"

Contestant One:"I'd eat that bug for $10"

Contestant Two: "Eat that bug!"

I'm still startled by how close that is to 'fear factor' :P