PDA

View Full Version : Any import gamers?

Thunderbird
08-16-2003, 11:30 PM
I'm curious to see if anyone here imports games. I have a couple imports, but I keep it low since they're relatively expensive. Right now I have:

DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution 6th Mix (ordered it with the Japanese PS2 that I have now)
KeyboardMania II: 2nd Mix & 3rd Mix

AlexMax
08-17-2003, 12:19 AM
I do.

I don't have a Jap PS2, though, just a PS1 with a PS-XChange 2.0, and a spring. I need to get a Jap PS2 though, because i have a bunch of games I can't play with just what I have.

As for what Imports I have...

* Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix
* Beatmania 2nd Mix
* Beatmania Yeatsu Mix (Came with 2nd Mix)*
* Beatmania 3rd Mix*
* Beatmania 5th Mix*
* Beatmania 6th Mix+Core Remix
* Beatmania Gotamix

(* after a title means that I can't play it (because it's an append mix, which means I have to do disc swapping,. something not possible with a Boot CD and a spring)

You lucky bastard. If I wanted to spend the money, I would invest in a JPS2, Beatmania IIDX and a IIDX controller. But it's too expensive...and I already have a 5 key turntable that's good enough.

vegeta1215
08-17-2003, 01:56 PM
I just read yesterday that in Japan they have a special Pearl White GBA SP bundle with FF Tactics Advance, and later this year they are doing a similar promotion for Sword of Mana with a Mana Blue (Teal colored) GBA SP.

Darn Japan, they get the coolest stuff! I really want a Mana Blue GBA SP, but I doubt they will release it here in the US, and it will cost alot of money to import, and wouldn't be worth it since I get the game too, but it's in japanese :(

I wish they'd port Magical Vacation to the US too.

Yoshiman
08-17-2003, 02:38 PM
I probably would import games, but I can't read kanji. So, what's the point? I also too lazy to learn it. :tongue:

MottZilla
08-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Some games don't require you to read.

I have a few imports:
* Rock Man X3 (PSX)
* Rock Man & Forte
* Soul Calibur 2

Then ofcourse if you count shadey items add:
* RockMan (PSX)
* RockMan 2 (PSX)
* RockMan 3 (PSX)
* RockMan 4 (PSX)
* RockMan 5 (PSX)
* Castlevania Dracula X (PC-Engine Super CD-ROM2)
* Castlevania Nocturne in the Moonlight (Saturn)
* Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn)
* Marvel Vs. Street Fighter (Saturn)
* X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Saturn)
* Metal Slug (Saturn)
* Metal Slug X (PSX)

Heh, there are more, but ya, what I can't get ahold of in its originality I try to get otherwise. ;)

WarOmnimon
09-09-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm back, and better than ever...

Whoops, wrong topic.

Anyway, I have imported a couple of games. The three games I imported from Japan were Tobal 2(PSX), Galaxian3(PSX), and Fire Pro Wrestling D(Dreamcast).

Blonde799
09-10-2003, 10:50 AM
I was an importer, but I lost all my imported games due to a move. The only ones I remember were DBZ legends(?) for PS, and Alundra. Ah, it was good to play imported games on your US PS without having to get it modded.:)

MottZilla
09-10-2003, 12:51 PM
What method did you use to boot them then? Plug-In device? CD Swap? Special CDs for swapping?

Blonde799
09-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Plug in. There was this cool device I had, which could read almost anything on the CD. Movies, song tracks, you name it. I even found some hidden movie files on demo discs, games, and the like. It was very cool.:)

MottZilla
09-10-2003, 01:25 PM
It may have been called the Code Card, but the device was actually originally the (Pro) Action Replay.

I had that for awhile, it was neat, not the perfect swap though. Then later I got a new psone and a stealth mod chip. Much better. ;)

goKi
09-11-2003, 01:02 AM
I havent imported a game yet, but due to unnecessarily late Australian release dates, ive seriously considered it. I would have imported F-Zero GX if it werent for my final high school exams.

MottZilla
09-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I heard when it came to the japanese version of F-Zero GX, if you imported it would NOT work correctly if you used Action Replay or Freeloader, only if you did a hardware mod. So you might wanna do some research before you import, make sure you don't get screwwed.