PDA

View Full Version : Warp after text comletes

Espo
08-16-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm trying to make a room where you enter the room, you listen to a guy say some text, then the guy vanishes and another guys walks forward and says more text. Here's how I'm trying to do this:

1st, to have the guy walk forward after the warp I'm using an animated combo that cycles to a blank combo to give the impression that the guy is moving forward three squares and then stopping to talk. The cycling isn't working and I think it is because I have the guy on layer 1 and if I remember correctly combos don't cycle on that layer.

2nd, I'm trying to work it so that I have a timed warp that will warp to the room where the guy walks forward after the vanishing guy is finished. I'm not too sure how timed warps work but I have link enter the screen and the tile he enters on is a pit combo used for warping. This doesn't work either. He warps as soon as he enters the room and goes to the room with the guy walking forward. I have the timed warp tics set to 3600 which I believe offers 1 minute for the text to be read. This is starting to seem like not the best way to do it...

I know this is a long and probably confusing thread but any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

lord_jamitossi
08-17-2003, 12:22 PM
to avoid using timed warps completely, have the invis. link screen flag checked. next, whenever someone is done talking, have the player press down. this will cause link to walk onto a star combo that sends him to the next screen. if you're using multiple strings per person talking, this is the best way to do it, so that you don't time warp before he's done talking.

ShadowTiger
08-18-2003, 04:35 PM
And remember, it's completely possible that the player can be holding in down or right (If you place him in the lower right corner, which lets the player choose between pressing right or down to continue the cutscene and trigger the side warp.) when the guy appears, which may give him a split second to skip past that screen, so make sure a conveyor drags him to the edge tile of the screen, but make that last edge tile a plain walkable combo, so the conveyor doesn't drag him off to the side warp. (Which, I'm glad to say, actually works.)