PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firebird!

Pablo
08-15-2003, 06:22 PM
This...browser...is...SWEET!

Prior to downloading it, I was using the default MSN client. Now, I refuse to use MSN for anything besides email.

I swear, Firebird seems 2x as fast as MSN or IE...the only problem with it is that it didn't come with all the plugins I need.

Still, I :heart: teh Firebird!

Aegis Runestone
08-15-2003, 06:24 PM
DARN YOU, PABLO!

Really? It is? I ought to try it one day(being a mozilla user :))

Pablo
08-15-2003, 06:26 PM
It's almost exactly like IE, but it's faster and the interface is cleaner. I've never used plain ol' Mozilla, so I can't comment there.

And how do you always manage to post in all of my threads, 5 seconds after I create 'em? :laughing:

*e* Woohoo, 400th post!

EWild
08-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Me too.

I :love: teh Firebird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/why/).

Cept I can't copy a picture from a website and put it in Paint. :| But this isn't even version 1.0 yet! :D

Also try out Mozilla Thunderbird, it's a M$ Outlook cept better. But it's only in 0.1 stages as of now. :)

Aegis Runestone
08-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

And how do you always manage to post in all of my threads, 5 seconds after I create 'em? :laughing:

It's the quote of me in your sig. :p Well probably not. :)

Sephiroth
08-15-2003, 10:26 PM
I use Mozilla too, I have 1.5 alpha. Maybe I should try it...Especially if it's THAT fast!!! This is gonna rock...But EWild, expect a load of it if I get severely disappointed...:evil:

gdorf
08-15-2003, 10:28 PM
I am a huge firebird fan, it is pretty much all I use now. I love how clean and simple the interface is. Its gives you everything you need and stays organized and very clean. It doesn't give you a load of crap that you will never use. And because of this, it seems to be MUCH faster. Firebird == l33t. :P

theplustwo
08-15-2003, 10:51 PM
i use firebird exclusively. it rocks. if you want flash or shockwave, all you have to do is download the netscape version, and then during the install, click the 'other browser' button, and navigate to the mozillafirebird/plugins/ dir and install it. then you can even go to flash stuff with firebird. the only thing i use IE for anymore is windows update :P

vegeta1215
08-16-2003, 02:03 AM
Firebird = Mozilla after it lost alot of weight.

Seriously, Mozilla is far too slow for me to run on my K6-2 computer, but Firebird runs very well. Mozilla has alot more options in the preferences, but Firebird has all the important ones, and did I mention it's speed? No wonder after the next version of Mozilla they will concentrate on just Firebird and Thunderbird.

Oh yeah, Opera rocks too :D The newest version (7.11) is actually faster than Firebird on my system.