PDA

View Full Version : MIA: Warmech in FF Origins

redmage777
08-14-2003, 03:37 PM
In FF1 I remember a very tough enemy that often wiped me out before I fought Tiamat, It was named WarMech I think. In PS version I cannot get it to appear, I walk around that area for 30 min and faced no monsters I couldn't kill in one hit with my Master, Red Mage, or Ninja. Maybe he donsent appear in Easy Mode?

Normal Mode... Now that brings back unpleasent memorys from the NES days...

Saffith
08-14-2003, 03:57 PM
"Often"? There's only a 1 in 64 chance of meeting him, so it shouldn't be too frequently...
He's definitely in FFO (He's #118, I think), but I can't say for sure whether he's missing in easy mode.

redmage777
08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Maybe It was just My bad luck that I always met him when all I wanted was to get Tiamat and get out of there! It does make sence though, (if hes NOT in easy mode)

1.) A lot of casual gamers do not want to have start the Wind Shrine over because Ruby Weapons "Great Grandpa" wiped them out.

2.) If you don't play normal mode, then you don't deserve to fight him?

inori
08-14-2003, 06:18 PM
He's in there. He's just a pain in the backside to find (apparently, he appears a lot less often in FFO than in the cartridge FF1). I went hunting WarMechs for my bestiary, and it took several hours (on normal mode) before I found one.

BTW: Be prepared if you do go hunting; he's a lot harder than he ever was in the cartridge..

Maverick_Zero
08-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Warmech

HP: 1000
Damage: 128-256
EXP: 32000
GP: 32000
Weakness: none
Special Attacks: NUCLEAR
Ineffective: none
Recommended Level: 25+
Courtesy of Final Fantasy Classic's website
http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/

Yeah, he's a very tough enemy. I think one of these guys is harder then Chaos. Except I don't think Warmech can heal himself back to 100% with one spell.